FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

PF2 - Wishlist Item

As I go through and create a detailed spell list entries for the all-in-one, drag-n-drop module, I am coming across a lot of necessary repetitiveness where entries for heightened spells have to be replicated for each level to ensure the powers at that level are accurate for use.

Example: Grim Tendrils. At level 1, it's a 2d4 negative damage spell with 1 (or 2) persistent bleed (with saves to reduce or eliminate, etc). A 2nd level version of it makes it 4d4 with 2 (or 4) bleed. Etc. These have to be broken out as separate entries as the spell's user may select it at varying levels.

What would be terrific, however, and allow for a 1-spell-entry-does-it-all version would be if there was a Dice Multiplier for Damage (and Heal) that included an option for Spell Level. What would be equally as useful, and I imagine immeasurably more of a PITA, is having an Effect tag that also was keyed to Spell Level; such as [SL], similar to [CL].

So here's a mock-up example of how a single Grim Tendrils spell entry that works for all levels might appear:

The reason that would be amazing is because with just 1 spell entry, depending on what spell level it was dropped into, it would automatically adjust. So if that Grim Tendrils was placed into a 3rd level spell slot, it would adjust to be 6d4 and the effects would adjust to 3 bleed (or 6 bleed on the 2x for crits).

Again, I expect this isn't an easy ask and we can all certainly use the more broken out spells that are employed currently, but as a Wishlist Item, this would be pretty nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

It's a good idea. I'll look into how feasible it is to implement in a future release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

yea, the redundancy of having to make new entries for heightened spells sucks, i did that with the spell effects
    Alioops77

On spells and targeting, is there a way for a spell caster to target all his allies in the combat tracker at once? Instead of having to drag the target to each one every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    On spells and targeting, is there a way for a spell caster to target all his allies in the combat tracker at once? Instead of having to drag the target to each one every time.
    Yep. Use the normal multi-targeting options. The easiest is to click the "Target friendly unit" button in the map toolbar (if you've got the tokens on a map). Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...kens#Targeting If you're not using a map, then CTRL+click on each entry in the CT to add all the targets at once. Then click the relevant button to apply the effect - you can't use drag/drop for multi-targets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ohhh. Have to have the little lock icon on the map unlocked for the player to see any targeting icons. Took me a little bit to figure that out. Thanks.

I would like to see the official critical hit and fumble tables for fantasy grounds and the harrow deck for 2e!

Quote Originally Posted by KILLGORE View Post
    I would like to see the official critical hit and fumble tables for fantasy grounds and the harrow deck for 2e!
    Critical hit decks and fumble decks are in the pipeline. As the Harrow Deck isn't really a Second Edition product I doubt that will be done, at least not by me.

EDIT: Critical Hit Deck in action preview:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 12th, 2019 at 17:22.

Nice Trenloe! The harrow deck is non specific to rules. They go on alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by KILLGORE View Post
    The harrow deck is non specific to rules. They go on alignment.
    Yes, but they are not a Pathfinder Second Edition product. Hence why I won't be doing them.

Thread Information