5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Options / Facing Indicator not working correctly

Select: Options | Token (GM) | Facing indicator
    When set to 'On', the direction indicator doesn't appear on the character icon. The mouse-scroll rotation is locked and rotation re-enabled when Facing is set to 'Off' as expected.

FGU running '5E - Core Rules' with my own 5E Campaign
    Password protected Local server on a Private list.
    loaded extensions: 'Language Fonts (FR) - Wizards' and 'Theme - Simple Brown'
    loaded modules: DMG, PHD, MM and 'Free Tokens'
    Last edited by Moriarity; November 7th, 2019 at 11:14. Reason: Corrected rotation element per Allmight comment - thanks.

I can second this. Facing indicator doe's not show up when turned on.

The token itself is locked from rotation as per expectation though.

Not sure if this is a bug, or just not implemented yet.

EDIT: This was in the PFRPG2 ruleset for me.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

This is on the list as [FGU 373] I believe.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Aaah - looked, searched but didn't find. Must remember to open my eyes in future

Hi Guys - running FGC 5e various campaigns, and updated on Thursday 26/11/20. When I drag characters / NPC onto the battle map, the facing indicator appears as expected, but when I (or any of my players) hover over the token and try to use the mouse wheel to rotate, the map zooms in and out, but the character facing does not change. We can select the radial menu and use the rotate right / left icons (which takes a while). The issue is apparent in pre-bought campaigns, downloaded maps and self-generated maps. I haven't changed any of my settings, so tried locking / unlocking tokens, still the same. Any thoughts or help?

Deleted - duplicate and also in FGU not FGC. Now re-posted. You just can't get the staff....
    Last edited by SteveStewart332; November 28th, 2020 at 13:28. Reason: Duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by SteveStewart332 View Post
    Hi Guys - running FGC 5e various campaigns, and updated on Thursday 26/11/20. When I drag characters / NPC onto the battle map, the facing indicator appears as expected, but when I (or any of my players) hover over the token and try to use the mouse wheel to rotate, the map zooms in and out, but the character facing does not change. We can select the radial menu and use the rotate right / left icons (which takes a while). The issue is apparent in pre-bought campaigns, downloaded maps and self-generated maps. I haven't changed any of my settings, so tried locking / unlocking tokens, still the same. Any thoughts or help?
    I think you have to Shift mousewheel for token rotation (or alt , or ctrl)

I'm having basically the same problem 6 months later: FGU isn't displaying the facing indicator when it's on. It also shifts 12 directions around a hex instead of 6.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VonKyrin View Post
    I'm having basically the same problem 6 months later: FGU isn't displaying the facing indicator when it's on. It also shifts 12 directions around a hex instead of 6.
    Can you please provide more details? The link in my signature may help. Please include a screen shot or two as well as the logs would help.
    Thanks.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The facing indicator is only applied to tokens added from the combat tracker; as these are assumed to be creatures.

Tokens added directly from the Assets bag are not assumed to always be creatures (i.e. decorations, spell effects, etc.), so do not have the facing indicator.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information