DICE PACKS BUNDLE

enhancement bonus and Masterwork.

Hi all,

First sorry for my english

I would like use spell effect : "Magic Weapon" Paladin 1 like this :

Code:
    Magic Weapon; ATK:1 enhancement; DMG:1 enhancement
    But, this effect is applicated with my Masterwork weapon. Why ?
    Normaly I can't add the same bonus (Enhancement).

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by thymon View Post
    Hi all,

First sorry for my english

I would like use spell effect : "Magic Weapon" Paladin 1 like this :

Code:
    Magic Weapon; ATK:1 enhancement; DMG:1 enhancement
    But, this effect is applicated with my Masterwork weapon. Why ?
    Normaly I can't add the same bonus (Enhancement).

Thanks in advance.
    The bonus field in the weapon attack and damage entry is a very generic one, i.e. FG does sadly not know which type this bonus has.

To avoid this stacking (and I assume this spell has a duration in your game such that an effect makes sense (I only know 3.5e, not sure if it is different in PF1)) you can either manually change the effect to just DMG: 1 enhancement when using that weapon or you erase the attack bonus from the weapon attack entry and replace it with a permanent effect ATK: 1 enhancement (stacking is proven for effects) But in the latter you might get problems when using other weapons, but you probably use just that one weapon in most of the time (otherwise you would also get problems with your spell effect, too, because the effects are always applied and not only for just a single weapon) So, think about turning that effect off when using different weapons to which this effect might not apply then
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 26th, 2019 at 23:53.

It's easier if you just streamline the setup and don't get too hung up in things FG doesn't really handle.

Set up a custom effect for the spell and ignore the attack bonus, since you have probably already added that to the weapon definition. You can just include it in the effect description as a reminder.

Like this:
    MW Longsword: put a 1 in the bonus box of the weapon definition because it is masterwork (and by indicating MW in the name, you are also reminding yourself that you have added the +1 MW bonus and set the weapon up correctly)

Magic Weapon Spell Effects:
    Effect 1 (Self, All, Set duration @ 1 min./level): Magic Weapon - ATK:1 (inc. as MW); DMG:1 magic
    Effect 2 (Self, All): REMOVE: Magic Weapon - ATK:1 (inc. as MW); DMG:1 magic

...and, besides magic DR, DO remember that you now temporarily have a magic weapon to hit things that require a magic weapon to hit them (like incorporeals, that require at least a magic weapon for 1/2 damage).

You don't necessarily need to declare enhancement for the damage, but you definitely do need to declare the damage bonus as magic to bypass DR.

Good luck!

Ok ! Thanks for your answers

Thread Information