Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    For some reason my map on the GM side always shows grey. I thought previously I could see the LOS brightly on my side similar to what my players see on their end. Everything looks great from the players connections and is usable from my end but I can't tell from the GM screen what my players can see on their end. Have I set something incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmrubel View Post
    For some reason my map on the GM side always shows grey. I thought previously I could see the LOS brightly on my side similar to what my players see on their end. Everything looks great from the players connections and is usable from my end but I can't tell from the GM screen what my players can see on their end. Have I set something incorrectly?
    Each player's display is different. You have to select the player's token on the map to see what that token can see.

Edit: grammar, stupid autocorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamidgeabee View Post
    Each player's display is different. You have to select the player's token on the map to see what that token can see.

Edit: grammar, stupid autocorrect.
    D'oh! That was it exactly *embarrassed*

Also really looking forward to improvements on LOS. Doing any kind of outdoor map means they can see pretty much everything that isn't behind a wall/embankment of some kind. Would be amazing to have effects that limit visibility as well. Like fog, rain, snow, being underwater, etc. Is there any word on when we might see the next update on these things? Aside from "this year".

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Also really looking forward to improvements on LOS. Doing any kind of outdoor map means they can see pretty much everything that isn't behind a wall/embankment of some kind. Would be amazing to have effects that limit visibility as well. Like fog, rain, snow, being underwater, etc. Is there any word on when we might see the next update on these things? Aside from "this year".
    It won't be something that is even looked at until after initial release. And we don't have a firm date for that yet either.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    We don't have a firm date for that yet either.
    It would be really nice to get a ballpark date for that features.

Anyway, can anyone explain what is going on in this image and how to fix it.

FG LOS Issues.png

The bottom left was the creatures starting location. LOS seems to cut through the cover, and only reveals sight to the starting location.
    Last edited by JGawain; June 14th, 2020 at 23:12.

@JGawain,
    We haven't seen anything like that before. Can you please zip up your campaign folder with the example shown, and post for us to review?

Regards,
    JPG

Right now I find LOS more trouble that is worth to set up. It gives all characters bionic vision that is allowing them to see long ranges in total darkness. The map mask layer can't be used to fix to the issue either. Mask mode does not add to the mask. The only option to add a mask is to delete the old one and start again. Which breaks the whole concept. So I never use the LOS function at all.

I simply hide monsters when players break LOS and once the area is unmasked manually. It stays that way but may contain hidden tokens. It has worked so far in Classic FG.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; June 25th, 2020 at 11:45.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    Right now I find LOS more trouble that is worth to set up. It gives all characters bionic vision that is allowing them to see long ranges in total darkness. The map mask layer can't be used to fix to the issue either. Mask mode does not add to the mask. The only option to add a mask is to delete the old one and start again. Which breaks the whole concept. So I never use the LOS function at all.

I simply hide monsters when players break LOS and once the area is unmasked manually. It stays that way but may contain hidden tokens. It has worked so far in Classic FG.
    Not sure what you mean. You can use the Mask in conjunction with LoS as demonstrated in video two here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...112#post492112
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; June 25th, 2020 at 16:32.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quick correction, it's in video two.

Thread Information