DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

LOS with Masking and sight limits

I just used one of the free battlemap's to test the LoS. It was one of the cave maps if that matters. Anyway, I put in the walls and then connected as a player. I got the dynamic LOS to work, but you still see the entire map, it's just darker. Yes, it would probably hide enemies if they are out of LOS, but I don't want the players to be able to see all of the walls for the entire map as well. Do I need to set this up as Global LOS for it to act like dynamic LOS with a mask layer where everything is black except what the character can see in his LOS? Also on a related but side note, is there a way to set up LOS distances so characters can only see out to the range of their vision and not forever in a direction. Like Humans see 30ft in the dark with a sunrod, but elves can see 60 ft from the sunrod?

I would also like to have a way to set vision range, and light bubbles/aura bubbles in general for that matter (or just to know how to set them, if currently possible).

Blog Entries
    Is it the GM/host view that you are seeing everything or is it a player view (i.e. a different instance of FG) that is not showing what you want? The GM will always see everything, it's the players that the LOS effects.

As for vision range, light sources, etc. That is slated for development next year.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

In the player view what the token sees will be brightly lit and what they have uncovered but can no longer see will be lit but in grey. Any areas that the tokens have not visited will remain black. In the DM view the DM will see the entire map in grey so that they can see the detail and the current token's LOS will be lit. The LOS at present is infinite; it is only limited by the terrain objects or walls blocking it.

If you want to limit vision further then you can use the LOS along with the mask.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

one "cool" thing i wished to test is putting terrain on dark parts, so a player can only see in dark places when he's in that area.

Maybe my idea inspires anyone that wants to test it before i have a chance, and tells me if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Is it the GM/host view that you are seeing everything or is it a player view (i.e. a different instance of FG) that is not showing what you want? The GM will always see everything, it's the players that the LOS effects.

As for vision range, light sources, etc. That is slated for development next year.
    It was in player view. I had a second instance running as a player. I then added 1 token to the top of the map on the GM side, flipped back to the other instance so I saw what a player sees and they could see the whole map. I flipped back to GM instance and enabled a mask. Then the player view couldn't see anything unless I revealed it. That was not how it worked on the promo videos, so I'm assuming I did something wrong, but I have no clue what. In the promo video that I saw, it acted like dynamic masking and unmasking which is what I expected to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamidgeabee View Post
    It was in player view. I had a second instance running as a player. I then added 1 token to the top of the map on the GM side, flipped back to the other instance so I saw what a player sees and they could see the whole map. I flipped back to GM instance and enabled a mask. Then the player view couldn't see anything unless I revealed it. That was not how it worked on the promo videos, so I'm assuming I did something wrong, but I have no clue what. In the promo video that I saw, it acted like dynamic masking and unmasking which is what I expected to happen.
    You need to switch on the LOS. Unlock the map; make sure you select play (big dice button at the very top left of the toolbar); then clock the LOS button on the right just above the map list.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You need to switch on the LOS. Unlock the map; make sure you select play (big dice button at the very top left of the toolbar); then clock the LOS button on the right just above the map list.
    I used those settings. It just showed like the token had explored the entire map already. I still had the LoS bright area, but where it should have been black because the token hadn't moved from the top edge of the map, it was all see through gray so the player could see the entire map structure and walls. Maybe it was just a bug with the map that I used. It was BattleMap_Cave01. I'll try with a different map after dinner tonight. I may even have a friend that is also in the beta test player LOS on a map for me later this week so it isn't confused by the GM and player having the same name.

Edit: Added picture of the player view.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hamidgeabee; November 6th, 2019 at 00:53.

I had the same experience. I logged in with a player session, I could see the whole map it was just like it was shaded over. Players could basically see the whole map like they were looking through really dark sunglasses. I had prepped the map with the tools to line out walls, doors etc.

It

I really wish they had token LOS Range, I am looking for an alternative to Roll20 at the moment. I love the tools and set up of FG but just need the LOS to function more like other VTT. Please add this feature, and you will have my money lol.

Thread Information