5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdo View Post
    Can you detail where you found this? I'm not finding anything on the boards. Interest remains high.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post466010

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Oh, that's a separate question. In mid-November (p. 15 of your thread) ddavison posted "Yes, that is what we are weighing -- whether or not it makes sense to move into some form of Early Access or Open Beta prior to official launch."

This thread is querying the release of a closed beta for Mac users. Different. (At least some of us backers are hoping it's different.)

Blog Entries
    Yes it might be different. I believe that specific answer was in regards to allowing demo players to connect to FGU ultimate hosts. Though, in previous timelines, both the demo players and Mac testing was on the same timeline. Don't really know if they still are or not

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by tcdo View Post
    Oh, that's a separate question. In mid-November (p. 15 of your thread) ddavison posted "Yes, that is what we are weighing -- whether or not it makes sense to move into some form of Early Access or Open Beta prior to official launch."

This thread is querying the release of a closed beta for Mac users. Different. (At least some of us backers are hoping it's different.)
    You should read the recent Kickstarter Update which just came out

Blog Entries
    Check the most recent KS update, the link for the Mac OSX installer is in there.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Yes, Kickstarter backers should be able to download the link there and install it. Please don't share the link though since it is currently reserved to KS backers. When we work out a few more of the player client issues, we will open up the Demo users and then you can give those links out to both Mac and Windows users to connect to a game hosted by an Ultimate license holder. We are at least another week out from what I can tell on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Yes, Kickstarter backers should be able to download the link there and install it. Please don't share the link though since it is currently reserved to KS backers. When we work out a few more of the player client issues, we will open up the Demo users and then you can give those links out to both Mac and Windows users to connect to a game hosted by an Ultimate license holder. We are at least another week out from what I can tell on that.
    Love it! Thanks, guys!

I was in transit when the KS update came down. Now installing the updater, looking at the (still Mac-free) wiki, and getting ready to search threads here for what I should be looking at as I go in and start nosing around!

-- Followup: my updater appears to be stalled. Says "Checking package FantasyGrounds for Updates - FantasyGrounds Updating"; below that "Downloading FantasyGrounds: (0.1 / 85.4MB)" and there's a slim green bar at the left edge of "Update Progress (FantasyGrounds): (1/43)". Last lines of the log are (lines separated by pipes) "Checking package version. | New version found, updating. | FantasyGrounds Updating | 8 Response received: 89577680"

--Followup to my followup: I cancelled, retried (same result), and cancelled again, and went into my settings and clicked the box for "Advanced Logging." And now my update is happening. Very excited.
    Last edited by tcdo; December 5th, 2019 at 23:32.

I don't use Mac at all; but if it were a Windows machine, I would suggest looking at any machine or router security settings that might block/limit network access or throughput. (i.e. Internet filtering, parental controls, firewall, etc.) I've asked Ryan and Doug if they have any ideas as well, but it is after hours for them.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks, clicking that tickbox appears to have (for whatever reason) fixed the matter. I was surprised to see only the 5E demo campaign in the "Select Campaign" window, but then I clicked "New" and all the rulesets showed up.

Since I've never DM'd and am not what I'd call a FG expert I think I need to get up to speed on what I should be trying with this (better looking) beta. Looking forward to /scaleui working (I gather it isn't yet), and catching up to all those Windows beta testers who've been playing for awhile now!

- You know what I don't see in the launch screen? The "Manage characters" box. I'm gonna have to figure out how to get my characters into this non-Wineskin FGU!
    Last edited by tcdo; December 6th, 2019 at 00:47.

Blog Entries
    You saw only the 5e demo campaign because that was the only campaign in the folder until you hit new and create more.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information