DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Trouble Importing Images on Mac

Hello,

I've done a bit of research and tried to solve this problem myself to no avail. When I go to the data app folders only some of them are actually importing to the game. For example, if I place a file in the "portraits," folder, it will show up in FG, but if I place images in the "Images," folder they won't connect. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm running on El-Capitan if that helps. Thanks!

Welcome to the FG forums!

Are you using FG Classic or Unity?

If Classic you need to put them in the <FG app data>\campaigns\<your campaign name>\images directory - not an images directory directly in <FG app data>. The best way to get to this directory is to click the "Folder" button in the top right of the Images and Maps campaign data window (accessible from the right hand side bar of your loaded campaign).

The process is similar for FG Unity, but you access the images in a different way. Info here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ages+as+the+GM
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am running classic. Thank you. When I click the "folder," button in the images and maps data window, it takes me to the folder which has all the image files. However, when I double click on them it simply opens the file in preview and doesn't put it into FG.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticgoodbeard View Post
    When I click the "folder," button in the images and maps data window, it takes me to the folder which has all the image files. However, when I double click on them it simply opens the file in preview and doesn't put it into FG.
    If the files are already in <FG app data>\campaigns\<your campaign name>\images then they should be in your Images campaign data window. Change the "Group" dropdown at the top of the Images and Maps window from (All) to (New) - this should show just the images in the campaign images directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This helped thank you! Problem solved.

Thread Information