STAR TREK 2d20

Lock doors to GM only and terrains crosing

Hello,

I'm enjoying testing the LOS feature of FGU,but i don't know if there is something to lock doors preventing players to open it, there should be an option to lock them.
    Another thing is sometimes I got terrains that should not be possible to cross but still visible like rocks collapse etc .. actually players can cross any terrains only the visibility is impacted.

Last question is there a way to limit the vision of players right now ? like putting a max of 12m if player hold a torch ?

Thank you,

Stomp

Hi Stompthescthe, welcome to FG.

Only the DM can lock or unlock doors. Doors start off locked by default.

The terrain tool is used for areas where the player can see into the terrain but not out of it; once they enter the terrain they can then see out of the other side. Remember we are looking at Line of Sight here not difficult terrain. There's currently no tool which will allow something to be seen but also block the token from entering or crossing the area.

Also currently there is no limit to vision; it is essentially infinite until blocked by a terrain feature.

See the Wiki for more details on the features in Unity https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-and-Resources
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi! Am i missing something??
    I've invited a friend for testing Citadel Alterein map and he opened every door in the dungeon... do not seem locked to me.

Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Hi! Am i missing something??
    I've invited a friend for testing Citadel Alterein map and he opened every door in the dungeon... do not seem locked to me.
    This is an old post things have changed. Doors are closed by default. If you want to lock the door as the DM then you need to shift click on a door to lock it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This is an old post things have changed. Doors are closed by default. If you want to lock the door as the DM then you need to shift click on a door to lock it.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    So I'm creating a map right now and not only are doors not locked, they're all blocking vision from one side only. Shift-click did nothing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post
    So I'm creating a map right now and not only are doors not locked, they're all blocking vision from one side only. Shift-click did nothing.
    You are creating door LOS blockers as single lines, they should be rectangles.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You are creating door LOS blockers as single lines, they should be rectangles.
    Thank you! It seems like there's a lot of really cool stuff you can do with this tool, but I wish there was more instruction available through the UI (like if I could right click icons for a blurb of what they do) and some of the videos skip steps us newbies wouldn't know.

The last three videos walk you through LoS. Pay attention to the comments on the first one though since I got some bits wrong. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...024-LOS-videos

Blog Entries
    There will be more documentation. Remember, its not a fished product. Writing documentation for something that is likely to change is not a good use of time There already is the start of documentation with the wiki and the various videos, it's just not complete (or 100% accurate) yet.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information