DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Hosting issues

Quote Originally Posted by VinAlanson View Post
    Also. In 'Settings'/'Basic', my password is not remembered when I go to 'Log In'. Some other password is in there ... I don't know what the string is ... so I have to enter my password in every time before I 'Log In'. I click 'Save' every time.
    This part is a known issue. The good news is that you don't have to go in to go in there and log in every time for normal use. You only have to log in once, unless you changed your password on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by usstitans View Post
    "If your game closed unexpectedly then the game is not being cleared from the lobby. It is a known issue. Switch to local and you will be able to start a campaign or load an existing one."

I have attempted restarting and I have shut down my computer over night, this issue persists. Can you remove me from the active server list so I can continue to work on this campaign until there is a fix? I appreciate it.
    Can you start a Local server?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hosting issue

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Can you start a Local server?
    Yes but I was trying to log my second laptop into a game via the cloud to see how it was done. The local works but cloud has the message stating I am already using a server. Is there a way to resettle server issue on my end to allow me to log back in?

Quote Originally Posted by usstitans View Post
    Yes but I was trying to log my second laptop into a game via the cloud to see how it was done. The local works but cloud has the message stating I am already using a server. Is there a way to resettle server issue on my end to allow me to log back in?
    Just run the campaign as a local server and connect your second laptop using the local IP address. No need to use the cloud if the player computer is on the same network as the GM.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for that.
    Last edited by VinAlanson; November 5th, 2019 at 11:02. Reason: Trying to delete the message but can not see how to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The Lobby is the start screen when you start or load a campaign.
    See the attached for where to switch between cloud and local
    You can't clear the cloud server; it should clear itself but as noted above it isn't doing so.
    Thank for that.

I'm having the same issue. I started my cloud campaign a few days ago, and at the moment I am only able to play locally. If I try to connect to the cloud server it states that a server is already running on my name. It happened after a crash, so I assume it's the same problem as everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAgony19 View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I started my cloud campaign a few days ago, and at the moment I am only able to play locally. If I try to connect to the cloud server it states that a server is already running on my name. It happened after a crash, so I assume it's the same problem as everyone.
    Welcome to the FG forums. This is the known issue mentioned in post #3.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ugh, I am not able to get into my campaign and am getting the same error that started this thread. It won't connect in Cloud or Local. I restarted my MacBook and then let my computer sit for about 5 hours and still get the error. Any chance a fix or another suggestion for a workaround has been figured out for this? If someone has the ability to clear the private cloud server game listed under daggerfortysix, I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by daggerfortysix; December 17th, 2019 at 01:04.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

I just restarted the lobby server, and killed any game servers running for more than one day (including yours).

We're still trying to figure out the Mac local server issue. As I asked in the other hosting thread, are you familiar enough with Macs to re-order the network card priority? I'd like to see if that makes a difference for local servers.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information