DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: Hosting issues

Hosting issues

It seams like you cant seam to host a game after hosting one, the cloud server keep it online for "what ever" reason. only time this seams to fix is when i complain about it here. But if I don't say anything it will be online for an hour. Can't connect to it. Can't take it offline myself. What is the fix to this?
    Last edited by ansar0; November 3rd, 2019 at 01:58.

Having the same problem. Lobby shows my host is active after being offline and logged out for several hours. When I try to host, it says a session with my name already exists. Unable to clear it from my end.

If your game closed unexpectedly then the game is not being cleared from the lobby. It is a known issue. Switch to local and you will be able to start a campaign or load an existing one.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; November 3rd, 2019 at 13:01.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No dice. Still shows me actively hosting in the lobby. It's been nearly 6 hours now...

I have tried the above suggestion. System has been rebooted multiple times. I can load a local host, but cannot do anything with the cloud.

Capture1.PNG
    Capture2.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Ciphor View Post
    I have tried the above suggestion. System has been rebooted multiple times. I can load a local host, but cannot do anything with the cloud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Ciphor View Post
    No dice. Still shows me actively hosting in the lobby. It's been nearly 6 hours now...
    Indeed, the rogue game won't clear from the cloud until the issue is fixed at some point.

I have now got 4 such games on the cloud but I can still open a cloud game - I don't know why particularly but it works. As I said however you can still use local.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

@Lou Ciphor,
    I've cleared the cloud server with your name on it. As Zacchaeus mentioned, we are aware of some issues with the cloud servers. We'll be looking at these before we announce testing for live play.

@ansar0,
    The cloud servers usually clear up after everyone drops, or after 5 minutes of inactivity. However, we have had a few lingering ones like Lou's. I did not see a lingering server for you; so you can try again.

Regards,
    JPG

I am having the same issue.
    Hosting a game. Set to Live. Keep getting "Unable to connect to host - Unable to start cloud game server. A server is already registered to your user name."

Also. In 'Settings'/'Basic', my password is not remembered when I go to 'Log In'. Some other password is in there ... I don't know what the string is ... so I have to enter my password in every time before I 'Log In'. I click 'Save' every time.

I've read the thread but do not understand a couple of things.
    Where is the 'Lobby'?
    How do you switch to 'Local'?
    How can I clear the cloud server?

The Lobby is the start screen when you start or load a campaign.
    See the attached for where to switch between cloud and local
    You can't clear the cloud server; it should clear itself but as noted above it isn't doing so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cloud Server Access

"If your game closed unexpectedly then the game is not being cleared from the lobby. It is a known issue. Switch to local and you will be able to start a campaign or load an existing one."

I have attempted restarting and I have shut down my computer over night, this issue persists. Can you remove me from the active server list so I can continue to work on this campaign until there is a fix? I appreciate it.

Thread Information