FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unable to Connect to Host

Hi

FG Unity was working the other day. I am unsure what caused the error. Today I started up FG Unity, ran an update, and Launched my test world
    Host Campaign-> then select my campaign called test -> Click the Start button
    I then get an error that says "Unable to Connect to host - Unable to start cloud game server. A server is already registered with that user name"

I have tried:

• Restart my computer
    • Made a new campaign and click the start button
    • Installed all updates
    • Went into settings and re entered username/password and reconnected
    • Searched Fantasy Grounds Unity Playtest for "Unable to Connect to host"
    • I only have FG Unity installed on the above computer thus a restart world terminate my end of the connection to this server.

I don't have any way to terminate the server on FG Unity side. I think I have to wait until they do it on their end.

FG_Unity.jpg
    Last edited by jonathanscullen; November 2nd, 2019 at 22:26. Reason: Tried more things

Hi

I got a reply back from FG. I put this here in hopes that others with similar problems find this

"

We are asking everyone involved in the playtest to post their issues in the forums; so that information can be better tracked and the community can help answer questions.

This has come up a few times so far. When the GM loses connection to the cloud server in a way that the cloud server does not receive the GM exit message, then the cloud server will stay around as long as anyone is connected to it, or until 5 minutes after no one is connected.

This is something that we plan to look at refining during the beta, but we are focused on the immediate memory and UI issues.

You can always run your campaign as a Local server to bypass the cloud server completely.

Regards,
    JPG

"

The cause is that a previous campaign is stuck on the cloud - probably one that got stuck when Fg didn't close properly. I have several as well. You can start a campaign ok if you switch to Local. Additionally it will magically clear itself every so often and you'll be able to start a cloud server again even though you still have a stuck campaign or two. It is a known issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi

Thanks Zacchaeus! I swapped it to local it was not obvious at first where this option is located. so I included a screenshot in case others have a similar issue.

FG_Unity_Local.jpg

We are aware of some issues with the cloud servers hanging around too long. We'll definitely be looking at that before we proceed to live play testing.

Regards,
    JPG

I have recently been getting an issue after disconnecting and when reconnecting I get an SSL issue. I thought it was the DMsGuild 3rd party mods and extensions. I already received an answer from their tech support stating their mods and extensions have nothing to do with the FG server connectivity.

My solution is resolved when I have to fully reboot my system resetting everything. When getting the SSL connectivity issue I also noted I no longer have access to my purchases which do not show up in the FG window. This error has been constant for over 1 week now. I was hoping the last update would fix this but it has not.

My major issue issue with Smiteworks is that Paypal refuses to accept gift cards. I recently found that out today 8/04/2020 when I tried to make a $200+ purchase with a Walmart Visa Giftcard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shezingzh View Post
    I have recently been getting an issue after disconnecting and when reconnecting I get an SSL issue. I thought it was the DMsGuild 3rd party mods and extensions. I already received an answer from their tech support stating their mods and extensions have nothing to do with the FG server connectivity.

My solution is resolved when I have to fully reboot my system resetting everything. When getting the SSL connectivity issue I also noted I no longer have access to my purchases which do not show up in the FG window. This error has been constant for over 1 week now. I was hoping the last update would fix this but it has not.
    DMsGuild purchases? Those are not handled natively by FG. You must download them from the Guild and place them in your Modules or Extensions sub-folder of your FG Data folder. If it is purchased from teh FG Store, do they download when you run an update? Can you include yoru update.log file?

Quote Originally Posted by shezingzh View Post
    My major issue issue with Smiteworks is that Paypal refuses to accept gift cards. I recently found that out today 8/04/2020 when I tried to make a $200+ purchase with a Walmart Visa Giftcard.
    SmiteWorks doesn't control PayPal
    Apple Pay and some of those systems allow you to load gift cards, and then pay through that 'bank account'. Might that be a way to get things paid through PayPal?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I get the SSL issue only when I click on check for update. Once I reboot my system it begins installing every purchase. No problem on Paypal as I had to add the giftcard to the account after setting up an account. That issue is resolved. Yes, the only reason I mentioned DMsguild is to let you know I had already spoken to their tech support and what their brief response to me was before I posted here.

The log file is in rar format and there is no link here that I can find that would allow me to attach the file.

Is this still an ongoing issue? I ask because it is for me.

Thread Information