FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New to FG, question about PC portraits

Hi,

I've got an ultimate installation, but only can seem to find player portraits for the Starfinder themes. Is there an option to install other Starfinder portraits? The themes are somewhat limiting.

Thanks.

Hi JustMark welcome to FG.

Portraits are something that tends to follow the modules (books) that you buy. There are various portrait packs that come with other things for other rulesets. There are some portrait packs that are available in the store (filter by product type > portraits).

You can also make your own using whatever paint package you have form the many images that you'll find online. Make them about 100x100px and .png files for best results and drop them in the portraits folder wherever your FG Data folder is (click the small folder icon top right of the start screen to find this folder). You can also make a portrait pack by putting a number of portraits in a folder and select all of the portraits, right click and select send to zip. Then change the .zip to .ppk and put that file in your portraits folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the detailed response. Exactly what I was looking for!

Mark

Hi When I try to add a picture from my PC folder it just opend the picture it doesnt use the picture in my portait? Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Quote Originally Posted by Darion73 View Post
    Hi When I try to add a picture from my PC folder it just opend the picture it doesnt use the picture in my portait? Does anyone know how to fix this please?
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Copy your portrait file to <FG app data>\portraits - get to <FG app data> by clicking on the folder icon in the top right of the main FG startup screen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah Fantastic I did try something like this but a different folder I will give it a go thanks!!

Ok I tried that, same result, When I select the .jpg it just opens it instead of selecting it. Does it have to be a PNG? its 99x99 pixels and very small. Or is it an issue with the Unity build? Im using a free version ATM. just started a new game,

I put it in
    C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\portraits

Double click on the portrait section of the character sheet. This will open up the available portraits. Select one to allocate the portrait to the character.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes that works but I wanted to use one of my own pictures from my PC. Never mind I'll have to stick with a stock image instead. Thanks for your help.

You can put portraits in the location I mentioned above. Then they should show up in your Addests window -> Portratis -> Data (down the bottom of the window). You can drag/drop from here to the portrait area of your PC sheet, or do as Zacchaeus mentioned. If you don't see the portrait, then there'll be a problem with your image - PNGs and JPGs work. What size is your image?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information