STAR TREK 2d20

Large FG Classic Campaign Folder Issue

I wish to thank Moon Wizard, and many very incredibly supportive FG staff over the years, thank you.

When I load my campaign folder FGU crashes.

In 2015, I have not played D&D for over 20 years, when I played I played paper and pen AD&D 1.0/2.0, they were quite compatible. When I started again, my old GM referred to Pathfinder as 3.5/Pathfinder. He used D20PFSRD website for reference but since he was very knowledgeable and one of the co-founders of Wizards of the Coast, I just assumed they were the same thing. I started my campaign in 3.5E platform, thinking it was Pathfinder (PFRPG). After starting COTCT module 1 in 2016, I had a player that revealed that I started 3.5 campaign instead of Pathfinder. I had to edit the imported "1.0 Anlira.mod" which is 176 MB and made a "Varisia.mod". I was exporting images, then by the time "Varisa.mod" was about 960 MB, I stopped exporting.

I kept adding content and my Campaign folder is over 41.1 GB. I had 100 sessions that encompassed COTCT and 43 sessions of game post COTCT, the game is a long ways from over and will go past level 20.

Everything post COTCT I was able to export to a new module without Images, and the import worked for those files. Shame one can't export any of the previous content, because they are already in modules.

I have backups, because If I was to export a Varisa module the game would crash in FG Classic.

I am including the db.xml file for "1.0 Anlira.mod" here ~ this contains Korvosa, a village and up to about module 3 or 4 of COTCT.

I am including the db.xml file for "Varisia.mod" here ~ this contains Kaer Maga, Module 4 or 5 of COTCT.

I did export everything including tokens, but excluding images and maps at least another homebrew 100 sessions+ to a "COTCT Story +.mod" just few days ago, i am linking the db.xml file here. FGU works using the "COTCT Story +.mod", even though things are a bit slow, all imported into a "Test" PFRPG campaign. The other two mods are not recognized.

Thanks Much!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Blog Entries
    There is a known issue with some FGC campaigns being copied over into FGU. Not sure what issue number it is, but very sure SmiteWorks know about about it and have it on their list to investigate.

There is also a known issue with memory management. Don't expect to be able to load very large data sets yet.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

db file for classic the problem?

Not sure if this is a unity issue or not and I believe this relates to this thread. Devs asked me to post to keep the associated bugs/problems in one location as much as possible.

I successfully loaded and ran Unity a few times over the past few days without any major problems. I did not load any classic campaigns in Unity. Very excited for Unity btw!

Yesterday, I was opening a current classic campaign in FG classic as usual when a message popped up saying that Fantasy Grounds did not close properly and a backup file was created. I had opened this classic campaign successfully a few times earlier that day without any problems (was adding tokens to maps). FG classic was not shutdown properly when the campaign was open. Computer was in sleep mode when it crashed. So when the campaign opened (in FGc), my extensions were visible but no characters and no evidence of the campaign (adjusted maps, etc.). The modules needed to be loaded as well similar to the first time you would open the program.

I am able to restore a backup by changing the backup campaign file to dm and moving it into a new campaign folder. So nothing was lost but wanted to still provide the attached file some data for devs to see the issue.

Other Info:
    All other campaigns in classic, when opened in classic, work fine.
    Specs:Windows 10 Home v1903, ASUS Strix, Intel Cor i7, 12GB ram
    Directory for classic application is located in 'Program Filesx86'->'FantasyGrounds' folder.
    Directory for unity application is located in 'Program Files'->'Smiteworks'->.
    Directory for all other files (cache, campaigns, characters, etc..,) are located in my user folder->'AppData'->'Roaming'->'FantasyGrounds'

Not sure where directory is for Unity files (cache, campaigns, etc). Unless FGc and FGu are accessing the same files? Maybe this is the most likely problem?
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is not really a Unity issue. What you have described is exactly what you would need to do to restore a backup when FG doesn't close properly.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

We are already aware of memory issues currently, so if you are having a problem with a campaign, try deleting the modulestate.xml file to clear the loaded modules list, and try again.

If you have specific campaigns or modules that are not loading, then please provide the entire campaign folder or module folder or module .MOD file.

From your post, I'm also concerned that you may have installed the FGU and FGC data folders in the same place. If you have done this, please re-install both applications to their default folder locations, and do not try to share the folder. This will cause problems for both programs.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information