DICE PACKS BUNDLE

(Solved) Download timeout issues with Adaware Pro and Win 10

I already solved this issue with help from Zacchaeus on Discord.
    I am just posting it here so that others who have the same issue can find this with a forum search.

I just purchased Fantasy Grounds and the Essentials bundle.
    After installing FG, on windows 10, via Steam and doing all of the standard setup (Set Adaware to allow the exe's through the firewall, port forwarded 1802 so that I could DM, etc), I ran FG and performed an update to download the Essentials bundle.
    The update appeared to work fine, but kept timing out every time it tried to download the first large rulebook (The DMG).
    It was creating the .tmp file for the DMG, but couldn't get past about 5 megs download before it timed out.

The problem was Adaware. For some reason, allowing all of the FG exe's in Adaware wasn't enough.
    In fact, I could open Adaware and disable Realtime Protection, Web Protection, Network Protection, and Email Protection (Disabling everything that Adaware does), and the downloads still timed out.
    In order to get the downloads to work, I had to shut down the main Adaware process. Somehow, the base Adaware process is incompatible with FG even when it isn't doing anything...?

So, not an issue with FG, I don't think.
    If you use Adaware and have download issues, right click on the Adaware icon in the bottom icon bar and choose "Stop Adaware". That's the only fix that worked for me.

If anyone else has found a better fix for this, please let me know.

Thread Information