Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Many problems, this time LOS

For some time now, FGU has been causing a lot of frustration. I opened a new campaign, made the maps and the players just couldn't get their tokens to walk. I redid the entire campaign, to now discover that the line of sight is not working for objects painted on the map for some players. Below the DM view and the player view. It is really very difficult to deal with FGU lately, sometimes with connectivity problems to the point where a player reinstalls his windows, problems with maps, LOS and assets.

DM's View
    Player's view

Blog Entries
    Could you provide more detail about the issue you are having with the LOS? Looking at the images, I don't see the issue.

Yes, I can, objects painted on a painting layer are being seen through the LOS by the players.

Campaign folder
    Last edited by Govanon; May 21st, 2020 at 23:06.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I see that now.

I await reply.

Blog Entries
    This should be addressed when the next release with LOS updates is pushed. (Note: this may not be the next version that is released, but the next version with LOS updates).

Sigh...
    It may be in the next update or not ... That is, no game this weekend.

Hey @Govanon - you can hack your way around it in the short term. On the right side of the map, where it shows the layers, you can set the painting layer non-visible until the players move to where they could see it. This is what I do for traps.

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedyJack View Post
    Hey @Govanon - you can hack your way around it in the short term. On the right side of the map, where it shows the layers, you can set the painting layer non-visible until the players move to where they could see it. This is what I do for traps.
    I appreciate the advice, the objects I want to insert are tables, chests, things like that. Things that must appear when they turn a corner to pique their curiosity. I am inserting these objects via photoshop or with the Dungeon Painter Studio.

Oh, that should still work if you put them all on the same 'paint layer', I think you can put as many images as you like

Thread Information