DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDecay View Post
    I have a laptop with a 1080GTX (driver version 419.35, not the newest) and I loaded a session, an image, applied an FX layer and turned on some rain and line of sight and I'm only seeing between 7-17% GPU utilization and a similar CPU usage (i7-7700HQ). I do use RivaTuner and frame limit to 60fps.
    Limiting the frame rate is a great idea. Wish I had thought of it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides Ghola View Post
    Limiting the frame rate is a great idea. Wish I had thought of it. Thanks!
    I'd be interested to see if this helps.

The frame rate was supposedly capped at 60 in the FG app. See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post476816

But maybe it's not working correctly, or causing issues with some graphics card.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'd be interested to see if this helps.

The frame rate was supposedly capped at 60 in the FG app. See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post476816

But maybe it's not working correctly, or causing issues with some graphics card.
    On my system, today, temps went up to about 60C, framerate was locked at 60, but never got above 39 fps, with 6 images open. Some had LoS, and one had the mist effect running.

With just the tabletop open - no other windows besides chat, it ran @ 60 fps, about 40C.

Frame rate drops and temps rise with every window (image, combat tracker, party sheet, etc) open.

Also, a lot less lag opening items with the frame rate limited to 30 fps.

Limiting frame rate @30 fps drops temps and it runs closer to the threshold.

At that level, got the full 30 fps, temps dropped to 45-46C with 18 windows (7 images, two with LoS, two with mist effect, CT, PS, Effects, Modifiers, 5 Character sheets, two Ref Manuals)
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; March 19th, 2020 at 21:04.

Thanks for taking the time to test and post those stats @Atreides Ghola!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I've had mine capped by RivaTuner to 60 for so long I didn't know FGU did it. I turned off RivaTuner and it was still capped at 60fps. So it probably isn't any benefit.

G'day all, haven't been on FGU for a couple of weeks.
    Today I jumped on and have noticed an immediate improvement. (I had previously had trouble with freezing and similar).
    I was able to open most of my tables without any real delay. There are still issues, but I can see a marked improvement from my earlier post here.
    So what I am saying is kudos to you @FG, your hard work it is clearly making a difference. Cheers!

Thread Information