DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Encounter LOS

Encounter LOS

G'day there.
    I build an encounter, preplacing the tokens on the map.
    Then I start the encounter via the Combat tracker and the Monsters start off Invisible (Like FGClassic)
    If I am running LOS they still start off Invisible, not mask sensitive. The only option I can see is on the CT is Invisible or visible.
    I know you can change to mask sensitivity for each individual monster, but it's slow.
    Am I missing something or is an option for Encounter NPC's starting off in Mask mode still coming?
    Cheers

You can still have mask mode if you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, but how cool is LOS?
    I can wait, I was just putting it out there.

Blog Entries
    If you set them with the visible flag after LOS is enabled, then it will make it mask sensitive by default.

Brilliant! works a treat thanks Doug
    Cheers

G’day. So I’m playing with LOS
    1/ I have an encounter built with tokens preplaced in the room
    2/The PCs approach the door not knowing what lies within.
    3/ I add the Encounter to the CT ready for when the PC’s open the door
    It would seem that when the PC’s open the door I have 2 options.
    OPTION 1/ They see nothing (See Image 1)
    OPTION 2/ I unhide the Monsters just before “The big reveal” so the LOS will reveal the monsters when the door opens
    HOWEVER the Monsters appear on the PCs CT before I open the door to reveal what lies within (See Image 2)
    Is there a way to keep the monsters hidden in the CT even though LOS reveals them?
    Or is there some better way to do it?
    Cheers
    Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Not really. The two are linked so once you reveal a monster either on the map or the CT the other one becomes visible too.

This is no different from the current functionality where you make the monsters appear when the mask is removed when the pc’s enter a room.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; November 4th, 2019 at 03:32.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

What he's saying is that if you unhide the monsters on the CT (so the tokens show up automatically via LOS) they already are visible on the combat tracker.

No worries, thanks
    There isn't "Control + click" targeting from my client player (second instance) i.e can't target monsters, although I can drop the dice on the map/CT and from chat.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    G’day. So I’m playing with LOS
    1/ I have an encounter built with tokens preplaced in the room
    2/The PCs approach the door not knowing what lies within.
    3/ I add the Encounter to the CT ready for when the PC’s open the door
    It would seem that when the PC’s open the door I have 2 options.
    OPTION 1/ They see nothing (See Image 1)
    OPTION 2/ I unhide the Monsters just before “The big reveal” so the LOS will reveal the monsters when the door opens
    HOWEVER the Monsters appear on the PCs CT before I open the door to reveal what lies within (See Image 2)
    Is there a way to keep the monsters hidden in the CT even though LOS reveals them?
    Or is there some better way to do it?
    Cheers
    Image 1.png

Image 2.png
    That is possible in the following way:

1. Let the monster be invisible in the CT
    2. Right-Click on the NPC token and click Mask Sensitive Visibility

Then the NPC is hidden in the CT and the token will only be shown when the LoS allows it See:

screenshot0011.png

EDIT: Oh, and now I see in that image that there is a bug about showing effect icons while no effects are there (also on GM side since that image is from the client), will post this separately in my bug thread if not already reported

Thread Information