5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LoS: Players can open/close terrain but not doors

Sorry if this has already been posted.

I noticed that with the latest build, with line of sight enabled players can not open doors but they can toggle terrain open/closed. The doors are not locked. This seems reversed from the expected behavior.

Ruleset: 5e
    FGU build 2020-06-05
    Modules: Lost Mine of Phandelver, Player Handbook

How to recreate:
    1. Load LMOP
    2. Open map 'Wave Echo Cave (Player)'
    3. Enable LoS and share map
    4. From player view, able to click on terrain to toggle open/closed state, but not doors.

Hmm, I wasn't able to recreate this on the wave echo map or on a new map where I added one type of each occluder. Can you try reverting the map record? (right click on record in the Images list, and select Revert) This should reset to the "factory settings" for the map.

Regards,
    JPG

After re-launching FGU (and updating to 2020-06-06) I'm not seeing this issue. Couldn't recreate the issue in a new campaign either. Thank you for looking into it!

At home (FGU latest version), the doors do not appear for players, are impassable and not clickable.
    Same problem with a fresh map

I am not seeing this error on my system. Players can see door and they are clickable. 4e Ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by sallerin View Post
    At home (FGU latest version), the doors do not appear for players, are impassable and not clickable.
    Same problem with a fresh map
    I may have run into this with one of the doors on the Wave Echo Cave map from Lost Mine of Phandelver. In area 19, if the player token approaches the double doors on the south wall from the north, the doors are not visible (and thus not clickable). The GM view was still able to open/close as normal, and editing the line of sight occluders slightly made the door appear for the players, so it might just be something about this door. I didn't see this happen on any other doors, players could open/close all visible doors as expected.

Player view:
    Attached Images Attached Images

This problem is only wth new map not with old maps

Ruleset COC, COC Pulp
    No door for players (door like wall)
    Old maps created before one month (near): no problem

Can you create this issue in a brand new campaign?
    If so, can you walk me through your exact steps after you create the campaign?

Thanks,
    JPG

I have the same problem with a fresh campaign without mod or extension (pulp Cthulhu +COC 7 only).
    Same problem with MGT2 (without mod and ext)

With this 2 fresh campaign, no operation, only import map and place walls and door. No difference for players: door=wall

Thread Information