Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Shared Won't Open on Player Client

We see the modules in the vault on the player client but they book will not open despite saying it's loaded. (example PHB)

HELP!
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Blog Entries
    How long after loading the module have you waited before trying? Have you all exited, rebooted your computers and repeated the issue?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    How long after loading the module have you waited before trying? Have you all exited, rebooted your computers and repeated the issue?
    10 minutes but we have not rebooted the player client (actual laptop).
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Blog Entries
    Can you reproduce it in a different campaign or with a different resource? Some ideas for identifying outlined here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-and-Problems

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'll test it out again and try getting pictures of what we are seeing. It is within the 5E ruleset.

I'm an Ultimate License user and I'm loading all 5E core rules with player access.

The player (normal Unity license) when loading says that modules loaded and we see them in the library, but we can't load them where we can actually see the contents (and they little book image in the library never ends up opening)

Will try
    1. rebooting the laptop.
    2. Uninstalling and reinstall to c:\ only instead of d drive
    3. Waiting for ever to see if the books load ��

I'll let u know
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Did it ever end up working? Me and my family are experiencing the same issue

Me and mine are all experiencing this exact same issue. We’ve tried a ton of stuff, but for some reason, they can’t load any of my modules no matter what we do.

I'm having the same issue specifically with the 5e Players Handbook. None of players can load it.

Same issue here with Pathfinder 2e Core Rulebook. We have a GM with Ultimate License but for some it wont load the Core Rulebook.

I have the same issue and tried a lot of configuration but with no success. At no time since the update 4-0-0 26.03.2020 was a player able to load the content, neither was I as DM able to share maps and stuff from the purchased material. I wrote a mail to the support and they told me that they have issues and try to solve them. Without the integrated books for the players this application is useless for out group. Tonight I will try to copy the vault to the players and see what will happen. My theory is that there is a critical method which check for the license and it would be easy to fix but on the other hand everybody will be able to copy the books without purchasing. So they need to find a proper solution.

But why it is working for some players? Please send a quick response if you have some progress.

One bad workaround: You can load the books with you DM ultimate account which have made the purchases. Just open a server and connect with a different client and the same credentials without entering a license key and you can load the books. So at least one Player can play or create a character.

Thread Information