STAR TREK 2d20

Just ordered my copy of "The Monsters know what they're doing

Hi everyone I just ordered my copy of The Monsters know what they're doing: Combat Tactics for Dungeon Masters. By Keith Ammann.

He has a blog on how he interprets monsters would act and react in combat situations. His blog was such a hit that he was approached to make a book about it. I have read some of his work and it has helped me really get into the head of my monsters. I was just sharing it for other DM's that would like to expand their options in their games.

I will update these threads as I read through the book and give you my take on it.

DeadSeaCow
    Last edited by deadseacow; October 30th, 2019 at 01:11.

Blog Entries
    I love his blog and often read up on creatures when planning an upcoming session. For instance it helped me plan for an encounter with a hag I had setup for my party. Really great resource, and make sure you read his intro post where he talks about base assumptions and tactics.

Please let us know how the book compares.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, I didn't know about this blog. Looks very useful! For others who live under rocks like I do, it can be found here:
    https://themonstersknow.com/

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know about this blog. Looks very useful! For others who live under rocks like I do, it can be found here:
    https://themonstersknow.com/
    Thanks notrealdan I didn't even think to make a link to his blog. Also for those who don't know about his book vs blog. Majority of his monster strategy are both in the blog and book. There are just a few monsters that are in the book only. I can't wait to get my book it should be at my door step tomorrow.

DeadSeaCow

Thread Information