STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 12 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Alright, mate! This is the best extension ever seen. Well done and thanks so much!!

Whaaaaaat?? Wow, Azostar, this is fantastic! Thanks so much!

(at least at first glance, it's working with the unofficial GURPS ruleset)
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Hmmm … I can't seem to get it to work with the DCC ruleset. It's in my list of choosable extensions, but after FGU boots up, I don't see any tab functionality … help?

Quote Originally Posted by Checkyboy View Post
    Hmmm … I can't seem to get it to work with the DCC ruleset. It's in my list of choosable extensions, but after FGU boots up, I don't see any tab functionality … help?
    Hiya Checkyboy, it can be hard to notice at first even if it's installed, just wanted to check. If it's loaded, the top bar of the UI gets "thicker" (I'm assuming, I don't know what the DCC UI looks like) and the chat window should say "FGTabber v.0.6.5 by Aaron S. Dunsford." This is what it looks like in the GURPS ruleset (top is without, bottom is with).

fgtabber-with-without.JPG

If it is loaded, right-clicking the top bar should give you an option to create your first Tab.
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

UPDATE: Good news - I noticed that the extension had even stopped working in FGC, so on a whim, I redownloaded the extension and reinstalled it. Now works again in both FGC and FGU. No idea what went wrong, but at least it's solved, right?

If I had to pick one extension I really don't want to live without, it's probably this one. I appreciate the work you put into it, and don't know if you're currently still working on it, but I'm now getting errors (see below) when running the extension with FGU that I don't think were there when I last tried a few months ago.

Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint with which exact version this started, but the first error message shows up before even doing anything. Creating and renaming tabs still works, but unselecting a tab causes an error ("Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100"), below and switching between them no longer seems to do anything - they're all showing the same window state. Deleting a tab results in an error as well (" Script execution error: [string "lua/Tabber.lua"]:112: table index is nil").

[5/13/2020 4:55:49 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
    [some irrelevant FGU initialization stuff including my IP]
    [5/13/2020 4:56:43 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/Tabber.lua"]:68: table index is nil
    [5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] RULESET: 5E ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] EXTENSION: Dungeons & Dragons Language Fonts (FR) v1.0\rfor Fantasy Grounds\rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC.\rD&D Copyright 2015 Wizards of the Coast LLC.
    [5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] EXTENSION: Curse of Strahd Desktop Decal loaded
    [5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] EXTENSION: 5E Enhancer v0.9.1
    [5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] EXTENSION: FGTabber v0.6.5 by Aaron S. Dunford
    [5/13/2020 4:57:15 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100: attempt to index local 'tabData' (a nil value)
    [5/13/2020 4:57:18 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100: attempt to index local 'tabData' (a nil value)
    [5/13/2020 4:57:25 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100: attempt to index local 'tabData' (a nil value)
    [5/13/2020 4:57:35 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100: attempt to index local 'tabData' (a nil value)
    [5/13/2020 4:58:02 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100: attempt to index local 'tabData' (a nil value)
    [5/13/2020 4:58:22 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/Tabber.lua"]:112: table index is nil
    Last edited by Arwarkr; June 9th, 2020 at 09:53.

This is awesome! Works great in the latest version of FGU! Thanks for sharing. Window management is so much easier with this.

Hopefully this extension is one that gets added into the default functionality of FantasyGrounds at some point, or something better for managing the desktop. Good work!

Does this work with 5e? never mind. It works fine.
    Last edited by similarly; December 24th, 2020 at 09:38.

I just noticed that FG Tabber opens all windows from the last session automatically when switching to another tab. But for the first/main tab you first have to switch back and forth.

Is it possible to implement the first tab opening its windows automatically upon start?

It would also be nice if FB Tabber restored the correct tab of any windows it restores after a campaign is loaded (like character sheet tabs like Actions).

Overall fantastic extension!

Thread Information