5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 12 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Hi! Thanks for the extension!

I'd like to report a bug. Whenever a player joins my games, they get a "Script Error: [string "lua/Tabber.lua"]:19: attempt to index a nil value" error. When they try to create tabs, they get a similar one.

Note that this DOESN'T happen when I try to log in with another client on the same computer. But when I tried logging in with another computer in the same network, I got the error too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Hi! Thanks for the extension!

I'd like to report a bug. Whenever a player joins my games, they get a "Script Error: [string "lua/Tabber.lua"]:19: attempt to index a nil value" error. When they try to create tabs, they get a similar one.

Note that this DOESN'T happen when I try to log in with another client on the same computer. But when I tried logging in with another computer in the same network, I got the error too.
    Fixed the issue, try updating to the new upload. Problem was users were trying to grab data they didn't have access to.

If there are any more errors related to other players in your game let me know, unfortunately I don't have two accounts to test it with.
    Discord: Cheeky#7988
    Extensions:
    • FGTabber - More space for your FG client

Now that's flash coding. Thanks a lot!

Now a suggestion: I have friends who stream. This tool comes really, really handy to them since they can switch between views and such.

How about a "lock" or "freeze" option on tabs, where when you lock them, it saves the windows states and never overrides it when you change tabs, (unless you unlock it, or hits the lock button again). While it wouldn't do what many people request: Locking windows in place, it would be a solution for it: If you move a window by accident, you just open that tab again and it's back in place. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Now that's flash coding. Thanks a lot!

Now a suggestion: I have friends who stream. This tool comes really, really handy to them since they can switch between views and such.

How about a "lock" or "freeze" option on tabs, where when you lock them, it saves the windows states and never overrides it when you change tabs, (unless you unlock it, or hits the lock button again). While it wouldn't do what many people request: Locking windows in place, it would be a solution for it: If you move a window by accident, you just open that tab again and it's back in place. What do you think?
    I can easily add that, i'll put it in the main post
    Discord: Cheeky#7988
    Extensions:
    • FGTabber - More space for your FG client

Quote Originally Posted by Azostar View Post
    I can easily add that, i'll put it in the main post
    Being a software developer myself I could tell it would be easy. But then again, I also learned to never ask for something stating "Hey, do this for me, it's really easy to implement!", when it might not be. :P

Thanks a lot for your effort, you rock.

Can't seem to replicate the issue you're having, are you using any other extensions that could modify window positions or add to the combat tracker? What ruleset are you using? If you haven't tried already, update to the latest version as of 4/11
    I'm using D&D 5E and was using the latest version of FGTabber at the time, but I'll update to what's now the latest. I'm betting it's a conflict with another extension at fault. I'll test with another extension as soon as I can and will report back!

Can't seem to replicate the issue you're having, are you using any other extensions that could modify window positions or add to the combat tracker? What ruleset are you using? If you haven't tried already, update to the latest version as of 4/11
    OK, I finally got some time to test and found a couple of things out.

First, the current version of FGTabber is supposed to be 0.6.6, but when I load that in FG, the chat box reports that it's 0.6.5. I'm absolutely sure I've downloaded the one currently attached to the first post as of today. So, it seems like either I'm really running 0.6.5 and the wrong file is posted here OR version 0.6.6 reports its version incorrectly.

I do see the behavior I mentioned the other day with the current version of FGTabber (as current as I can get, see above), with the current version of FGC (3.3.9), on a completely new campaign, with only FGTabber loaded. However, it's not just the CT that shows this behavior, but it seems all windows in FG act this way under a specific circumstance, which only affected my CT earlier by chance. Basically, any window just a little too far over to the left side of the screen (within a few pixels of the left boundary) will jump way over to the right the next time its tab is loaded (almost completely off-screen). Move it over just a few more pixels away from the left boundary, and it behaves normally. I tried this with the Combat Tracker, Story list, Notes list, and Character Selection and it's consistent with all of them.

I hope this helps!

If there are any more errors related to other players in your game let me know, unfortunately I don't have two accounts to test it with.
    For testing player functionality you have a number of options - you don't need two FG accounts.

• Start a second instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and "Join Game" with a servername of localhost
    • If you have another computer, or can run a VM on your main computer, load up FG on that without adding a FG license key. It will install as a demo copy. You can then join your GM session from that demo install - if your GM license is Standard then you can join only one demo player (and one player only), if you have an Ultimate license you can join without issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    OK, I finally got some time to test and found a couple of things out.

First, the current version of FGTabber is supposed to be 0.6.6, but when I load that in FG, the chat box reports that it's 0.6.5. I'm absolutely sure I've downloaded the one currently attached to the first post as of today. So, it seems like either I'm really running 0.6.5 and the wrong file is posted here OR version 0.6.6 reports its version incorrectly.

I do see the behavior I mentioned the other day with the current version of FGTabber (as current as I can get, see above), with the current version of FGC (3.3.9), on a completely new campaign, with only FGTabber loaded. However, it's not just the CT that shows this behavior, but it seems all windows in FG act this way under a specific circumstance, which only affected my CT earlier by chance. Basically, any window just a little too far over to the left side of the screen (within a few pixels of the left boundary) will jump way over to the right the next time its tab is loaded (almost completely off-screen). Move it over just a few more pixels away from the left boundary, and it behaves normally. I tried this with the Combat Tracker, Story list, Notes list, and Character Selection and it's consistent with all of them.

I hope this helps!
    I discovered by chance during a game recently that something similar happens with the top boundary of the FG window also, not just the left boundary. If something is too close to (or overlapping) the top edge of the FG window, then you switch to another tab and back again, that item is no longer where I left it, but instead shows up way at the bottom of the FG window.

Hi @Azostar. Have you had a chance to review my comments above? The issue with windows moving around isn't a big deal, since it's easy to avoid now that I know how it behaves. However, I'd like to know that I have the latest version (0.6.6), but the file in the first post still reports that it's 0.6.5 instead. Is it just a mistake in the XML file?

All that stuff aside, thanks for this extension! It makes a big difference, especially with limited screen real estate!!

I'm also curious how other people are utilizing this extension and organizing their tabs. How do you organize your tabs and what kind of windows do you put on each? I'm using D&D 5E and I'm the DM. I have the Combat Tracker on every tab, and I generally have tabs for:
    • Party: Here I put each character sheet, the Party window, and the window from the Request Roll extension (aka Roll for Initiative).
    • Story: Here I put story entries and session notes (which are just story entries).
    • Map: Here I have the current battle map.

One issue I have is that I rely on the map pins a lot, so the Map tab ends up getting filled with Story entries I've opened from a map. Is there an easy way to send a window to a different tab? I could use a hot-key for that I guess (drag the story I want to move to a hotkey, close it, change tabs, open it with the hotkey). Minor issue, overall.
    Last edited by notrealdan; November 28th, 2019 at 03:19. Reason: Clarity and typos

Thread Information