STAR TREK 2d20

New User- thumbnail Map images

Is there a way to see a thumbnail image of all of my maps in the map folder on FG? All of mine just have the Exclamation point and I have to individually open each one to see what map it is. Or any suggestions to streamline the process.

Nope, currently there is not a way to see map thumbnails. Some purely map packs will have an additional image that shows the maps, but that is quite rare and only something that's started being done recently.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello - I am one of the indie map creators for FG - I make the Meanders Map Packs. AFAIK a visual display panel was not a common practice within FG modules - Aaron Marx and myself added this feature to improve the interface for the DM.

Just screenshot then trim a copy of your thumbnailed maps from within your folder (where you Can select thumbnailed images to show) - then label that trimmed screenshot with all the thumbnails as "- Rayne Forest Map Panel" or something, (the - is to make sure it goes to the top of the list of links in your map folder data). Then drag the map link (top left hand corner of every map) from each map from your text list onto the respective thumbnail image and it will create a red 'pin' symbol. Like shown below... Now you just need to open the panel and click the pin to bring up that map.

This will allow you to easily find the map you are looking for visually. Alternately - develop a very descriptive method for detailing what a map is from text i.e. label your maps individually within the map folder, eg, give your maps a signifier like "[Map] Rayne Forest Entrance". Adding the bracketed extra will allow FG to group all the map files together for instance.

You can then drag this map panel into the hot keys for easy reference as well - but having the "-" in the filename should make it easily accessible too.

Hope this helps

mappanelsample.jpg
    Last edited by gtw2017; October 25th, 2019 at 19:16.
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Blog Entries
    I hadn't thought of doing that Kris, nice solution and thanks for detailing it!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You're welcome - I do TRY to be useful though my technical skills are lacking my determination to make things work in a useable fashion for me as a DM is not.
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Thread Information