Starfinder Playlist

Guide: How to run FG on ChromeOS via Crossover

Hi all just wanted to copypasta over my post from reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyGrou...m_medium=web2x

For quick system requirements on the Chromebook:
    -Chromebook with an Intel processor
    -Google Play available and enabled
    -Android 5.x or later.
    -200 MB of free disk space and space for installed applications
    -2GB System RAM

Hello all! Brand new to DnD and run strictly all Chromebooks in my home (google fan). Been searching for a good VTT that isn't Roll20 that is a little more customizable. I've seen 3 others post in this subreddit asking how to run FG on Chromebooks. Welp... I found the best way without needing to put your Chromebook into Dev mode / Crouton.

1) Download the Windows version directly from the Fantasy grounds Website

2) Look for a program called crossover on chrome webstore. Crossover is a program that automatically configures a WINE session. Even though it's "trial" now it's technically full software. Direct link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ffice&hl=en_US

3) Once Downloaded, Run CrossOver and then search Fantasy Grounds:

4) Once found where it says launch on my screenshot there will be an install option. This will have you look and point to the location of the downloaded Windows installer for FG on your Chromebook.

5) If you run FG straight out of the box the UI might be too small to appear. So on the updater/Settings, increase UI to 150%. I found that this was the best looking option on my pixelbook:

6) There you have it. Fantasy Grounds on Chromebook!

Success!

Happy adventures fellow google fans!
    Last edited by jfournier555; October 28th, 2019 at 03:42. Reason: Edited for an easier read, included system requirements for solution

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting on the forums. Appreciate it!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Oooo, I wonder if that would work for PCGen also.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Oooo, I wonder if that would work for PCGen also.
    It should? You might need to install it as an unknown app. The only time I've really come across any issues through my pixel book (i5 processor) are programs that require heavy video processing. The built-in processor is "good enough" I've seen it run Steam playing some games. Just don't expect a smooth WoW/LoL/CoD.

Hate to ask, but is this sticky worthy?

Should probably be included in the important links post.

Is there an update on this regarding Fantasy Grounds Unity FGU?

Blog Entries
    No update. Until someone tries it and says otherwise, I would assume it should work.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Officially, FGU is not designed to work in ChromeOS, and not specifically supported. We are building to support Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...w-and-Download

There have been some community users that have investigated using remote desktop/screen mirroring or using virtual machines, in order to run FG Classic and FG Unity on unsupported platforms in the forums. But, I personally haven't kept track of all the attempts. You can try searching on the forums to look for options. This particular post was over a year ago, and was specific to FG Classic version.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information