Starfinder Playlist

Missing Details in paid modules

I hope this is the right place, but I noticed that two of the Archtypes are missing from the Fighter class. Battle Master and Eldritch Knight. Is there a reason for this?

Both of those are in the Players Handbook (assuming you are talking 5e).

Screenshot_1.jpg
    Last edited by mattekure; October 27th, 2019 at 23:16.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I assume here that you are looking at the 5e SRD Data module. That only includes one Archetype for each of the character classes. Only the Players Handbook includes all of them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I assume here that you are looking at the 5e SRD Data module. That only includes one Archetype for each of the character classes. Only the Players Handbook includes all of them.
    I believe I have both..but what's the deal with one, only having one type? Seems silly if you ask me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCosmicHand View Post
    I believe I have both..but what's the deal with one, only having one type? Seems silly if you ask me.
    FG can only put in an adaption of a printed product what is in the actual printed product (with very minor adjustments). The SRD 5E as released by WotC only has one arch type of each type. That is because it is not designed to be used to play the game with (unlike the 3E SRD). It is designed to provide enough information for a 3rd party developer to create compatible content for 5E.

If you want a free set of stuff to play 5E with, that is the "Basic Rules", which are included with a FG license. But again, the Basic Rules only have enough to get started. It does not include everything one might want to play the game. But it has enough to learn to play the game.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The SRD is free - it isn't a paid module. As LE says it is effectively the Open Gaming License from WotC. It includes the stuff that third party developers can include in their adventures. Obviously since it was given away it does not have everything that's in the PHB.

If you have the PHB then you don not need to also have the SRD or Basic rules open as well; so you can just ignore them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

If you have the Player's Handbook you should only load that. Unload the SRD and Basic rules (there is nothing in them that isn't in the PHB). I also drag the red GM only tile over them as well so players don't accidentally load them. This also helps to reduce clutter by not duplicating items and such over and over again.

Also keep in mind that each module's data is kept in a separate space so if, for example, you have the Sword Coast supplement sub-classes will appear in a second copy of the same class. It works this way for every book because it is like literally having a second book. So the SRD and Basic rules are like having smaller, lesser books that you would shelve and never use once you have the Player's Handbook.

Thread Information