FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 16 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Hi all!

During Loremastering One Ring game i also see this. Did You solve or make any progress with NoPlacementNoRecord?
    I check CoreRules as Valarian mentioned, I make encounter then move them to CT and it works fine. Doing the same in One Ring Ruleset make this NoPlacementNoRecord issue?

Maybe it is connected with FG version? You use FGC or FGU?
    I have FGU

Quote Originally Posted by de4bru View Post
    Hi all!

During Loremastering One Ring game i also see this. Did You solve or make any progress with NoPlacementNoRecord?
    I check CoreRules as Valarian mentioned, I make encounter then move them to CT and it works fine. Doing the same in One Ring Ruleset make this NoPlacementNoRecord issue?

I have FGU
    Welcome to the forums, de4bru.

Yes this is an FGC ruleset. Valarian may be able to shed light on FGU behavior.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by de4bru View Post
    Hi all!

I have FGU
    It's mainly been tested, and used, in the Classic version. I've tested the ruleset in Unity and the basic functionality does work, but it's not had much in the way of actual usage. There may be Unity bugs that are yet to be found.
    I've not made any progress on bugs in the last couple of weeks, and unlikely to have time to devote to investigation until the last week of May.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    It's mainly been tested, and used, in the Classic version. I've tested the ruleset in Unity and the basic functionality does work, but it's not had much in the way of actual usage. There may be Unity bugs that are yet to be found.
    I've not made any progress on bugs in the last couple of weeks, and unlikely to have time to devote to investigation until the last week of May.
    Thanks for answers Hector Trelane and Valarian. I will try to investigate it on my own, I would inform you if i succeed.
    By the way it is very good ruleset i enjoy using it!

Nice, that's really great, glad you are getting some use from these Hector Trelane!

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone who made that possible. I just bought most of the TOR books a year ago to play with my friends abroad. After I bought them, I discovered FG and Roll20. At the end I decided to go for Roll20, but yesterday I saw this thread was alive again, installed FG again, subscribed and added everything (challenging for someone that is not very good with tech and new to FG)... and I had a blast!!! This is so great, I think our playing experience will improve so much so again: A BIG THANKS!

I am wondering three things:
    Is there a way to add (maybe in the Party sheet) the Eye of Sauron mechanic introduced in Rivendell book? I find it very good for supporting the meta-story of ME. Otherwise, I will add some background image there as suggested in this forum with the "Fellowship" and "Sauron's Eye" updated information and use tokens. Not a big deal, just wondering. Also the Character Sheets have no "Mount" space. Is this somewhere else or just not added cause it's not in the core rules?

Is there a chance to share/exchange already made campaigns taking into consideration that I own most of the books and that I want them only for use with my group? I am fine with preparing, but having a base would save some work!

And extra: is it complicated to translate the whole thing? I am a native Spanish speaker and I would love to have it in Spanish. If so, I can do the main text translation, I have some time in the next month(s)! I just can't help with the technical part, but if it comes in text formats I would be happy to do that (for my group and then we can share it too if interesting!).

Hugs and thanks, HUGE thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Perikitu View Post
    I am wondering three things:
    Is there a way to add (maybe in the Party sheet) the Eye of Sauron mechanic introduced in Rivendell book? I find it very good for supporting the meta-story of ME. Otherwise, I will add some background image there as suggested in this forum with the "Fellowship" and "Sauron's Eye" updated information and use tokens. Not a big deal, just wondering. Also the Character Sheets have no "Mount" space. Is this somewhere else or just not added cause it's not in the core rules?

Is there a chance to share/exchange already made campaigns taking into consideration that I own most of the books and that I want them only for use with my group? I am fine with preparing, but having a base would save some work!

And extra: is it complicated to translate the whole thing? I am a native Spanish speaker and I would love to have it in Spanish. If so, I can do the main text translation, I have some time in the next month(s)! I just can't help with the technical part, but if it comes in text formats I would be happy to do that (for my group and then we can share it too if interesting!).
    1) I have used an image in the past for the Eye tracker, highlighting the target number with a rectangle and using an eye token to track the interest.
    EyeOfMordorTrack.png
    EyeToken.png

The character sheet doesn't have a specific section for recording a Mount. The mount can go under Other Items in the Inventory and notes about the mount put into the link. You can drag/drop an item or a note to the Other Items section.

2) As mentioned elsewhere, modules of published works would breach copyright. There's no reason home brew adventures couldn't be shared though.

3) I've been fairly careful with the CoreRPG conversion and all the text should be in the strings files for translations. I can send you the file(s) and help you get the translations into an extension.

[EDIT] I've added a zip file of the strings for the CoreRPG and The One Ring rulesets. These will need translating and then an extension created to override the English values. When you start a campaign with the extension active, the translated values should show instead.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Valarian; May 19th, 2020 at 16:55. Reason: Grammer and adding file for strings

Spanish Character Sheet, CT and PS

Hey Valarian!

Thanks a lot for sending me the strings! You are amazing! I mostly wanted to translate the main game elements (Character Sheet mostly).
    I found the file "strings_campaing_tor.xml" and translated it from there.

Some things are not translated but it's not a big deal:
    Main Tab: NAME
    Inventory Tab: Everything is in English, couldn't find it.
    Note Tab: Everything is in English, couldn't find it.

About the CT and PS, I translated the strings you sent me, tried to find them in the .ext to substitute them but couldn't find them.

About the reference manual, I decided to start from scratch with the Author extension (if anyone knows something better, please let me know!). The adventurer document is not what I need. I am trying to include all the information from all the expansions centralized. The idea is to include ALL the published variants of:

- Basic and advanced general rules
    - Detailed explanation of the combat tasks and called shots
    - Detailed explanation of the undertakings
    - Anything else that may come in handy during games/to really enjoy all the materials

A MOD including:
    - All creatures and Foes as NPCs (incl. all special habilities)

My players have been playing for almost a year but they still have problems to remember all the combat tasks, (myself as well), or the special habilities of certain creatures, etc... So I really think this will help more than translating the common.xml strings you sent!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Perikitu; May 21st, 2020 at 20:00. Reason: Shortening message and small grammar.

Some things are not translated but it's not a big deal:
    Main Tab: NAME
    Inventory Tab: Everything is in English, couldn't find it.
    Note Tab: Everything is in English, couldn't find it.
    These will be in the strings_campaign.xml file. The strings from the CoreRPG ruleset itself.

About the reference manual, I decided to start from scratch with the Author extension (if anyone knows something better, please let me know!). The adventurer document is not what I need. I am trying to include all the information from all the expansions centralized. The idea is to include ALL the published variants of:
    - Basic and advanced general rules
    - Detailed explanation of the combat tasks and called shots
    - Detailed explanation of the undertakings
    - Anything else that may come in handy during games/to really enjoy all the materials
    There's a blank library module available in my rulesets folder: TOR-Player.mod

A MOD including:
    - All creatures and Foes as NPCs (incl. all special habilities)
    For NPCs, create a campaign just for entering the NPCs. Then export to a module for use in other campaigns.

For reference, there's a number of stance mats available for The One Ring to help with Combat, Journeys, and Encounters.
    e.g.
    Combat / Journey mat
    Combat stance mat
    Combat stance mat - nice graphics
    Encounter Mat

Here's an extension for the translated strings so far. Place in the extensions folder. You should see it as an open when starting the campaign (El Anello Unico - Espanol).

When adding more translations, edit the _es files.
    Re-zip the folder from inside the folder with the extension.xml file in it, rename the .zip archive to TOR-Translations-ES.ext and put into the extensions folder.
    Last edited by Valarian; May 26th, 2020 at 15:46. Reason: Replace Extension File with full version

Thread Information