Starfinder Playlist

Can I store an object in a text description?

Basically I want to store an object that I parse in object notation in the "notes" section of an item. For example something like:

{spell : {spelllist:"Spirit Mastery",spellname:"Sleep V"}}

so I can reference by something like spell.spelllist

I think this would easier than complicated string parsing. Is this possible? Thanks.

It's possible if you code for it. You'll have to specifically look for the format you decide one (hopefully a format that won't be used by something else) and then write code to parse the text in that format.

However, if the notes section is a formatted text field, you can store links to other FG records directly in the field, see the formattedtext control "linklist" and "link" internal representation: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...tedtextcontrol

To see the exact format, drag a record to a formattedtext field and look in the database. For example:

Code:
    <text type="formattedtext">
    	<p>This is a link:</p>
    	<linklist>
    		<link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.id-00011@FG Battle Maps">Image: BattleMap04</link>
    	</linklist>
    </text>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information