5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last

The One Ring: Core RPG Conversion

There is now a CoreRPG version of the ruleset for The One Ring available in the CoreRPG section of my Rulesets Google Drive folder.
    Current version: 1.3 (FG Unity)

TheOneRing.pak - put this file in the rulesets folder of your Fantasy Grounds data folder.

Current ideas for improvements:
    • Item Sheet: Add fields for weapon damage, edge, injury.
    • Item Sheet: Add fields for armour rating and shield bonus.
    • Character Sheet: Update weapon/armour/shield values on the character sheet when drag-drop an item to the inventory.
    • Party Sheet: Add Travel roles to the party sheet (under watch order).

There's a TolkienLanguages.ext extension in the Google Drive folder as well. This has language fonts for several Tolkien languages and should work for both The One Ring and the AiMe rulesets.
    Put this file in the extensions folder of your Fantasy Grounds data folder.

Translations: I've tried to use the soft-coded messages throughout to allow for translations. Translation extensions of the ruleset will need to translate the CoreRPG strings files, and the strings_campaign_tor.xml file from the strings folder in The One Ring ruleset.

Character Sheet available for the Fantasy Grounds Character Sheet Printer utility.

Changes in Version 1.3
    • Fix to inventory encumbrance calculation after change to CoreRPG (Unity compatible only)

Known Errors in Version 1.3
    • Error when adding a NPC to combat tracker from an Encounter
      Message changed from "Unable to create NPC record" to "NPC added to Combat Tracker".
      Traced to CombatManger.addBattle function. No fix as yet. Adding missing NPC attributes did not resolve the problem.

Reported issues under investigation
    • Token placed from encounter record does not appear on map when encounter copied to the combat tracker.
      (Related to NPC combat tracker error?)
    • Unable to drag a token directly from the character sheet or portrait to a map/image
      Workaround: drag to the "table" first, then to the map/image or drag from the combat tracker.
      This is a CoreRPG issue.
      • Can't drag a token directly from the character sheet to an image.
      • Can't drag a token from the connected player image (character sheet link) above the chat box.
    Last edited by Valarian; March 20th, 2023 at 08:50. Reason: Release 1.3
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Character Sheet

The character sheet is currently still based on the 1st edition of The One Ring. This may change with the release of 2nd edition later this year, and the current character sheet moved to an extension.

Character Sheet Tabs & Changes
    • Main: A few small changes. The Advancement points have been moved to the main tab and given current/total values. The Poisoned condition has moved to the general conditions box.
    • Combat: Again, small changes. There's a marker for headgear which the protection test roll takes into account. I've also added a Combat Stance marker, with the intention that this will set your stance in the combat tracker.
    • Abilities: not much changed here.
    • Inventory: I've kept this close to the CoreRPG inventory
    • Other: The fellowship tab has changed a little. Fellowship points and Standing now down the side.
    • Log: The Tale of Years has added a link field for linking your log to Notes.
    • Notes: This is CoreRPG.
    Attached Images Attached Images

NPC Sheet

The NPC Sheet has changed slightly from the Foundation Core version. The main difference is a dynamic changing of the displayed fields based on the Faction indicator in the NPC header.

• Foe: The NPC is an Adversary and the Hate score is shown. The reference fields at the bottom of the sheet are labelled as "Special Abilities". Adversaries roll skills using the G-Rune as zero and the Eye of Sauron as 10.
    • Neutral/None: The NPC is shown without the Hate score and the reference fields at the bottom are labelled as Traits. The generic skill groups are swapped for six specific skill slots. The reference fields at the bottom are labelled as Traits. Allies roll skills using the G-Rune as 10 and the Eye of Sauron as zero.
    • Friend: The NPC is a potential ally. The NPC is shown without the Hate score and the reference fields at the bottom are labelled as Traits. The generic skill groups are swapped for six specific skill slots. The reference fields at the bottom are labelled as Traits. Allies roll skills using the G-Rune as 10 and the Eye of Sauron as zero.

Both Note and Reference Text reference links are allowed as drag/drop in the reference fields.
    Last edited by Valarian; November 16th, 2019 at 19:28. Reason: Changes in version 0.5

Combat Tracker

The GM combat tracker view is much the same as in the previous Foundation Core version.

For player characters, the combat tracker entry shows values linked to the character sheet.
    • Stance: stance (for initiative order)
    • End: current endurance (the left hand endurance value on the character sheet)
    • Ftg: fatigue threshold (for noting when the character becomes weary)
    • Parry: parry (for determining to-hit value)
    • Shield: shield bonus (for determining to-hit value)

For NPCs, the combat tracker shows copies of the values on the linked NPC sheet. When rolling for an NPC with zero hate, the GM should tick the Weary box before making their roll. This will discount the 1-3 values on the skill dice.
    • Stance: stance (for initiative order)
    • End: current endurance
    • Ftg: current hate (for noting when the NPC becomes weary)
    • Parry: parry (for determining to-hit value)
    • Shield: shield bonus (for determining to-hit value)

The client view now shows the stance as well as the turn order. The stance is linked to Combat Stance value on the character sheet combat tab. The player can switch their stance from their character sheet, and this will be reflected on the combat tracker.
    Note: If the turn order is hidden on the client side then the stance ordering isn't updated. Setting it to "On" or "Friendly" will order the characters into their stance orders. If set to "Friendly" the NPCs are shown in attribute level order, but the attribute level value is hidden.
    Last edited by Valarian; October 28th, 2019 at 12:29.

perfect, when can we play it?

Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    You can play The One Ring now in Fantasy Grounds, just using the older community Foundation Core base. This is just an update of the ruleset to the CoreRPG base instead. The current ruleset is in my rulesets folder as fcore-TOR.pak.

The CoreRPG version is available, currently to be used with caution for an actual game.

Hello, when I try to create redwards or virtues, I get this error and do not let me create anything
    fotobug.jpg

Hello, when I try to create redwards or virtues, I get this error and do not let me create anything
    fotobug.jpg
    I'm not able to reproduce the error, either as GM adding Rewards/Virtues or as a connected player. I've tried adding to the list via the right-click radial menu and via drag/drop.
    Capture.PNG

Please check the ruleset version. The current version of the CoreRPG conversion is 0.3 (updated Oct 29, 10:10 PM).
    Last edited by Valarian; November 1st, 2019 at 08:55.

Thread Information