FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 16 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    I create an item and then drag and drop to the character inventory
    That is smart. Never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Naroe View Post
    so is there a unity download?, only error I get when run in unity is following dice and missing fonts.
    All seems to work ok bar the nice TOR dice graphics and fonts, still shows standard nos, seems to be a common issue with other extentions I have FGC to FGU (fonts are an issue)
    The dice errors have been fixed and the custom dice results have been implemented for the FG Unity version in release 1.1.
    Thanks to damned and Trenloe for the pointers in getting the custom dice results to work.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quick word of thanks to Valarian for this effort, and to the community here for helping me get started into FG and specifically this ruleset. I was able to play my first game last night,navigate through the learning curve and enjoy the time with friends and family (knocking Orcs about).

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by SOS John View Post
    I was able to play my first game last night,navigate through the learning curve and enjoy the time with friends and family (knocking Orcs about).
    Congrats!

The dice errors have been fixed and the custom dice results have been implemented for the FG Unity version in release 1.1.
    Thanks to damned and Trenloe for the pointers in getting the custom dice results to work.

Awesome going to download it now and thanks to everyone as well! Also congrats to SOS Jon!

Thanks guys! Quick note to indicate that I've had my username changed from SOS John (SOS meaning Silver Oak Studios, which I'm still part of, but not posting here on behalf of) to Ithildin of the West (all respect to the original Ithildin on these forums).

Unrelated, is it just me or are the revised ToR books going for CRAZY prices online? I'm seeing the Core book upwards of $300 CAD.

Name change fits Middle Earth! The reason they have sky-rocketed is due to Cubicle 7 not having the license anymore. At the time that was announced a year a go or so, people were buying up the books. Now that Fria Ligan is taking over for TOR Second edition, I would not worry too much on getting all of the previous books. I'm super excited they took TOR over and they can't start talking or announcing specifics until June of this year. How awesome if they could get TOR 2e on FG offically?

It's unlikely that an official version, with library module, would be able to be done. The license sits with Sophisticated Games and, reading between the lines of previous conversations, the license doesn't extend to electronic only products. The publisher, which will be Fria Ligan instead of Cubicle 7, can offer a PDF with a physical product (or of a physical product) but can't offer a PDF product on its own. Releasing an official "game product to enable roleplaying in Middle-earth" might be encroaching too much on other licensees, LOTRO for example.

I'll be doing a conversion of the existing ruleset to second edition once it's available, but I don't think I'll be able to do an official version.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

It's unlikely that an official version, with library module, would be able to be done. The license sits with Sophisticated Games and, reading between the lines of previous conversations, the license doesn't extend to electronic only products. The publisher, which will be Fria Ligan instead of Cubicle 7, can offer a PDF with a physical product (or of a physical product) but can't offer a PDF product on its own. Releasing an official "game product to enable roleplaying in Middle-earth" might be encroaching too much on other licensees, LOTRO for example.

I'll be doing a conversion of the existing ruleset to second edition once it's available, but I don't think I'll be able to do an official version.
    Just wishful thinking on my part. Can't wait to see 2nd edition and your conversion to the existing ruleset once that happens!

Ebberronknight, thanks, I agree it'd be great to have an official version, even though it doesn't look likely. I'll likely keep looking for 'Revised' hardcovers, as I'm not going to an early adopter of an 2e stuff. Maybe later, but for now I've so much awesome 'Revised' to work through.

Thread Information