5E Character Create Playlist

Catalina + Parallels

Have FG up and running to the tune of $80 within Parallels. However network config isn't right. Anyone know the correct way to configure parallels to let traffic through?

I have it running but away from computer to tell you. Will try to tell you the settings tonight when I get home

I don't have recent experience with Parallels, but in other tools you can have the network set to NAT or Bridged modes. Looks like there's something similar in Parallels:
    https://download.parallels.com/deskt...uide/33138.htm

Basically, in NAT (Parallels calls this "Shared") mode, your computer acts in a similar way to your internet router, so you end up with the port-forwarding issue all over again at that level (this only matters if you're the GM).

In Bridged mode, your computer acts more like a switch, allowing the virtual machine to get "connected" to your network as if it's a different device, so it gets an IP address on your LAN. Then (again, only if you're the GM) you point your port-forwarding on your regular router towards the virtual machine's IP address (not your Mac's normal IP address) and it should work.

This is based on my experience with other VM solutions. YMMV!

Yes, Bridged mode was what I needed. It has a different MAC and IP but it shows on the network so I could route the port to it

Hi all,

I saw this post and it resembles my struggles with port forwarding on Catalina/Windows 10/Parallels 15.

I'm on a free trial version so that I can figure out whether it's worth it to invest the $80. But the trial version shouldn't effect the features available according to the Parallels website.

In any case, I've set up Bridge Mode with the Default Network Device (which is wi-fi on the iMac), and successfully gotten a unique IP address for the Windows 10 VM. However, the Windows VM's IP address is not showing up as an attached device on my router, and so I can't forward the port to it.

I look at the Windows Network Settings, and it appears to be attached to an Ethernet "Network 2," not the wifi network.

My testing for hosting a campaign comes up as a failure.

Any thoughts based on your experiences?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums. I use my Mac and parallels but at work and cannot tell you my setup. If you search for parallels using the site tool at top you will find out how to set up parallels to work.

@gix -- i made this post... see if it's what you're after and if it helps.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Thread Information