DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How do you change Crit threat range on a magic weapon?

I see in the Combat tacker you can change Crit Threat Range for all weapons for a particular character but if I adjust ONLY on a weapon i have modified it doesn't happen?Could an example be shown where say a Hand Axe that is normal is modified to say +1 with Critical special range of 16 to 20?I love my magic weapons and thought this might be fun.This is using the 2E official ruleset,I have the DMG PH and MM.
    Last edited by seanny; October 25th, 2019 at 04:56. Reason: to specify ruleset

Hi seanny welcome to FG.

Add into the weapon properties crit range 16
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi seanny welcome to FG.

Add into the weapon properties crit range 16
    Yes that worked well,thanks.

I wanted to make a new magic weapon that has the wounding/bleeding effect.I looked at Melfs Acid Arrow and wanted something similar but I am not getting it happening.I want ongoing damage after a succesfull hit.So for example a Dagger of Acid Wounding that say does 1d4 initial damage and then say 1d2 damage for 1d3 additional rounds.How would this be done?

Quote Originally Posted by seanny View Post
    I wanted to make a new magic weapon that has the wounding/bleeding effect.I looked at Melfs Acid Arrow and wanted something similar but I am not getting it happening.I want ongoing damage after a succesfull hit.So for example a Dagger of Acid Wounding that say does 1d4 initial damage and then say 1d2 damage for 1d3 additional rounds.How would this be done?
    FG doesn't know if a spell or weapon hits. It does have some mechanics to know if a save was made.

You'd have to do just like Melf's Acid arrow, have a power that as a ongoing damage effect that is applied by the person playing the character.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

SPEAKING of Melf's Magic Arrow (which is evidently a troublesome spell).... It is supposed to attack as a fighter the same level as the mage. I am not sure how to make that happen.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    SPEAKING of Melf's Magic Arrow (which is evidently a troublesome spell).... It is supposed to attack as a fighter the same level as the mage. I am not sure how to make that happen.

Thanks,

Figure out the math to adjust a 1/1 from 1/3 thaco progression (something like 0.66667) then you can do an ATK:[$ARCANE*0.66] and have the user apply a 1 round duration effect before they attack?

In theory that would adjust the ATK adjustment for what would be the "remaining" to hit for a fighter considering the mage gets 1/3.

5th level fighter would have a THACO of 16, a wizard 19. and 5*0.66 is +3... so the thaco would be 16 after that.

I just watch the AC they hit and tell them if they did or not.

Walking through this I might add it to the PHB version unless someone can point to how wrong I am and am missing it.
    Last edited by celestian; December 13th, 2019 at 06:25.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So rounding of numbers is always to the nearest whole number? If it is rounded down, it will pretty much always be 1 lower than what it should be.

EDIT: This attack should also receive any dex modifiers that the caster has.

Last edited by Topdecker; December 13th, 2019 at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    So rounding of numbers is always to the nearest whole number? If it is rounded down, it will pretty much always be 1 lower than what it should be.

EDIT: This attack should also receive any dex modifiers that the caster has.

Did you test it? Cause when I did for level 5 wizard the values were right. There will more than likely be some rounding that just is going to have to happen and it will be slightly different in those cases but thats what happens when you have non-whole numbers.

Make the attack ability base dex.

---

Ok, thanks celestian! I will give it a try.

Thread Information