FG Spreadshirt Swag

Tortle, slippers of spider climb...

I have a player that is playing at tortle. He is a monk and he wants to craft slippers of spider climb. I can't find anything saying he can't wear them. He's crafting I'm so they will fit. But the race is 450 pounds plus their gear. So I'm having a hard time justifying it.
    Does anyone know of an actual in-game mechanic that would stop him from using this?

Please don't post your the DM you can do what you want. I know that.

Blog Entries
    Nothing RAW. If you allow magic item crafting, then no reason such slippers shouldn't work. Giants have magic that works for them, and they weigh more than 450 pounds.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Spider Climb just gives the person the ability to walk any surface. Weight and gear are not calculated in the ability. If the character can walk normally on the ground, spider climb allows that same movement up a wall or along a ceiling. Nothing more, nothing less. Don’t try to make it more than it needs to be.

Thread Information