DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

2 players LFG group. Newish to FG.

2 old school D&D players looking at getting back into the game. Looking for a group that is willing and patient while we learn and have fun with Fantasy Grounds. Were mature players looking to have fun in a game we love.
    Looking for D&D, we played 1st - 2nd edition, and we have some experience with 5e. Were both in the EST Time Zone, evenings and weekends are possible.
    Last edited by Kathrak; October 23rd, 2019 at 23:19. Reason: Missing info

I'm interested in running a game. I am running a standard FG license subscription right now, but I could up it to an ultimate subscription if needed. I'm also new to FG, but I'm an old school pencil and paper DM. Played 1st edition and 2nd edition like you. I have the DMG, PHB, MM for both 5e and 2E (Classic) for FG. I also have some starter modules, LMOP for 5E and the Slaver's Series (A1-A4) for 2E. Either of which I think we could use for learning the ropes together, but eventually I would like to run a home brew old style campaign. Maybe we could even do a run through of each ruleset in FG and see which we like? Also, I've not used discord for voice before, so we could use it, but I am on a DSL connection that doesn't have great upside bandwidth, so my audio may not be great. Just don't know yet.

If I had to give my DM style, I'd say I am 70% combat, 30% roleplay. I'm not looking to run a campaign of "actors". Simply put, I don't expect you to make in-character dialogs, etc... Simply saying something like "Bozo, my fighter, is going to attack the goblin with his warhammer", or "Bozo, (a bard), is going to strum a tune to try and woo the tavern wench", is good enough for me.

I am CST timezone, and I'd be looking for gaming on Friday nights after 6pm CST, Anytime Saturdays, Anytime Sundays as long as we finish up by like 5pm CST. Let me know if you're interested!

Hey Accerak, this is sounding great to me! Were only an hour difference in Time Zones, so it's not bad. I'll speak to my brother but I'm sure he'll be in as well. We can work on times and were both pretty flexible on that as well. I play in a weekend game that alternates Saturday or Sundays depending on everyone's availability, but we usually know a week in advance what were doing. As long as you are flexible a little as well, I think we can definitely make something work.

I purchased the starter set which has the PHB, MM, DMG, Volo's, Adventurer's Guide to the Sword Coast and Xanathar's Guide included, mostly because I'm eager to learn Fantasy Grounds and recently getting back into D&D. Loving what I have seen in 5e so far.
    Talk to you soon Sir

Hello. I am also old school. I started playing over 35 years ago. I was thinking of running a second edition module but in 5th edition. I converted the Saltmarsh series to 5e, only to find out that Fantasy Grounds just did the same thing. Would you guys be interested in starting Secrets of Saltmarsh, or have you already done the module? I have full Fantasy Grounds.
    Last edited by Kanuk; October 28th, 2019 at 21:23.

I would be interested in this as well. I've done a few one shots in fantasy grounds, but looking for something long term.

Hi Shadowgwah, we're looking to play this Friday night at 7pm EST for about 3-4 hours. We did a session 0 and got a couple of characters rolled up already, but if the other guys are ok with you joining, I am.

If you are able to roll up a 1st level character (either 4d6 and drop lowest die, or use standard set of stats) with standard starting equipment/gold, we can import it on Friday or I have some pre-generated characters you could choose from.

Kanuk, if you're interested in playing vs. DM'ing, and the others are ok with you joining, I am ok with that too. It would give us 4 players.
    Last edited by Accerak; October 28th, 2019 at 23:21.

Works for me. Just let me know if I'm accepted and I can roll up a character pretty easily. I can make adjustments to FG on the go if need be. Also if I am accepted let me know what the other characters classes are

I am Okay with either playing or DMing

Hey Shadowgwah and Kanuk, we're still finalizing the next game, looks like it will be Saturday evening. I don't have an exact time yet. But if either of you is still interested, let me know and I'll send you the info to join the discord server I set up. Then as soon as I have the time I'll let you know. I was thinking maybe we could possibly do a short session 0 on Friday night ahead of time in order to set up characters so that Saturday night we can all jump right into playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Accerak View Post
    Hey Shadowgwah and Kanuk, we're still finalizing the next game, looks like it will be Saturday evening. I don't have an exact time yet. But if either of you is still interested, let me know and I'll send you the info to join the discord server I set up. Then as soon as I have the time I'll let you know. I was thinking maybe we could possibly do a short session 0 on Friday night ahead of time in order to set up characters so that Saturday night we can all jump right into playing?
    This sounds great. Who is playing what? I don't mind playing any class. Just le me know what is not taken. When do we make the characters?

Thread Information