STAR TREK 2d20

FG to Chaosium link

Is there some link to Chaosium like there is to Paizo, so if you purchase something in FG you get a discount on it at Chaosium and vice versa?

I bought all my 7th edition books second hand so have no PDFs for them. If you buy the hardback at Chaosium you get them free. I am trying to not to shell out cash for something that I "should" get for free.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jankomatic View Post
    Is there some link to Chaosium like there is to Paizo, so if you purchase something in FG you get a discount on it at Chaosium and vice versa?
    Nope. Only Paizo have that type of agreement/setup in place.

I bought all my 7th edition books second hand so have no PDFs for them. If you buy the hardback at Chaosium you get them free. I am trying to not to shell out cash for something that I "should" get for free.
    I understand your thinking, but I disagree. Look at it this way - to develop products for FG takes many, many hours - sometimes over 100 hours to produce one complex product. The only payment that the developer gets is commission based on sales of the Fantasy Grounds product, not the original print/pdf product - which usually doesn't give them anywhere near minimum wage for the hours spent developing. The way I see it is that you "should not" get FG products for free, just because you have the original print or PDF. IMO, having the physical products (or a PDF copy) shouldn't entitle you to get a completely new form of that product, with a lot of development time specific to that new form, for free.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You misunderstand Trenloe. I am going to buy the FG stuff, just like I did for all the Pathfinder 2.0 things. I just want the Chaosium PDFs to go along with all the hard copies I have of 7th. So I am trying to get free or discounted PDFs from Chaosium, not FG.

You misunderstand Trenloe. I am going to buy the FG stuff, just like I did for all the Pathfinder 2.0 things. I just want the Chaosium PDFs to go along with all the hard copies I have of 7th. So I am trying to get free or discounted PDFs from Chaosium, not FG.
    Ah, sorry for misunderstanding. Thanks for clearing that up!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I know Chaosium are part of Bits-and-Mortar: https://www.bits-and-mortar.com/ But I believe that would only allow you to get a PDF if you bought new from a retail store that is in the programme.

That would be amazing if bits and mortar covered fantasy grounds as well. I'm a big fan of the program at my flgs! I understand it is not currently and may not ever, but one can dream!

Thread Information