DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by RapierKit View Post
    I purchased them directly from his web store. I also bought several others that were not directly related, but that I thought would work as well. He also has quite a bit of high quality things for free.

They look pretty good.

Would you shoot me a link, please? I cannot find any Cthulhu related tokens on his site.

Quote Originally Posted by RapierKit View Post
    I purchased them directly from his web store. I also bought several others that were not directly related, but that I thought would work as well. He also has quite a bit of high quality things for free.

They look pretty good.
    You bought what? I can't find any Cthulhu-themed sets on his site, and I can't figure out how to navigate his site to individual token packs - just see a few bundles.

EDIT: you can navigate to the token sets by clicking on the "shop" in the top right corner. Clickin on "Tokens" just takes you to an information page.
    Last edited by Magnimost; May 16th, 2020 at 12:02.

This is the only one that I can find: https://immortalnights.com/tokensite...30s-characters
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is the only one that I can find: https://immortalnights.com/tokensite...30s-characters
    The home page of his web site is blog with various entries. Scroll down to the entry titled The House on Halgrem Hill, written on Feb. 15, 2020. The text states that the image contains "a selection of tokens from one of Devin’s most recent packs 1930’s Characters, and some choice mythos style creatures from his widely popular Tome of Beasts compilation". The Tome of Beasts has several Cthulhu-inspired monsters, such as the Star-Spawn of Cthulhu. I think that is what is in the image. So there are some good tokens, but they are scattered around in other sets. I suggest contacting him directly and asking him to compile a Cthulhu set with these tokens that he has already made.

Did the CoC tokens ever happen? I'd love to find anything appropriate for the 1930s era

Hey guys, I'd like to take a few moments to explain my process and what I have available. I've been wanting to make a CoC themed set for some time. The one thing that makes it tough is that I typically don't have time to pick my projects. Before the pandemic hit things were slowing down and there was a growing chance of having some free time to choose what I wanted to work on. Then things went to hell, but not in the cool way. My releases are tied strongly into what gets requested. When Nephanor asked for a whole set of 1930's characters that was added to my queue, took around a month to get made into a pack. Then it becomes available to everyone else for $5. The Tome of Beast tokens are under a license with Kobold Press, if I could pull them out and put them into a pack just for CoC I would be going against terms I set up.

I am more than happy to draw new tokens for as many CoC tokens as you guys can come up with. Right now I'm not taking jobs that are greater than 6-10 tokens. Though you can submit requests for several 6-10 tokens sets. The reason is that there are a lot of people looking to get into virtual gaming, and they want to see their characters in a timely manner. I don't want any one job taking up more than a few days, that way everybody gets tokens as quickly as I can get to them. If I know you are contacting me for CoC tokens I will make them when I can and make sure they get into a set as soon as I possibly can. If you let me know you came as part of this discussion, I can also give you all the CoC tokens I've made up to that point, or make a special list where you can all access them as they get done.

I am more than happy to work with any of all of you to get a set made.

PS: I've been drinking Tequila all night so if the above doesn't make sense feel free to ask for clarification.
    Last edited by devinnight; May 16th, 2020 at 04:18.

Quote Originally Posted by devinnight View Post
    Hey guys, I'd like to take a few moments to explain my process and what I have available. I've been wanting to make a CoC themed set for some time. The one thing that makes it tough is that I typically don't have time to pick my projects. Before the pandemic hit things were slowing down and there was a growing chance of having some free time to choose what I wanted to work on. Then things went to hell, but not in the cool way. My releases are tied strongly into what gets requested. When Nephanor asked for a whole set of 1930's characters that was added to my queue, took around a month to get made into a pack. Then it becomes available to everyone else for $5. The Tome of Beast tokens are under a license with Kobold Press, if I could pull them out and put them into a pack just for CoC I would be going against terms I set up.

I am more than happy to draw new tokens for as many CoC tokens as you guys can come up with. Right now I'm not taking jobs that are greater than 6-10 tokens. Though you can submit requests for several 6-10 tokens sets. The reason is that there are a lot of people looking to get into virtual gaming, and they want to see their characters in a timely manner. I don't want any one job taking up more than a few days, that way everybody gets tokens as quickly as I can get to them. If I know you are contacting me for CoC tokens I will make them when I can and make sure they get into a set as soon as I possibly can. If you let me know you came as part of this discussion, I can also give you all the CoC tokens I've made up to that point, or make a special list where you can all access them as they get done.

I am more than happy to work with any of all of you to get a set made.

PS: I've been drinking Tequila all night so if the above doesn't make sense feel free to ask for clarification.
    Quite coherent for a tequila-driven night

What is your current rate for a 10 token set which is not exclusive, i.e. you retain the copyright, and could start selling it right away with no restrictions?

As for the logistics, perhaps best if you can set up a Kickstarter or Indiegogo with the going rate as the goal? Additional sets as a stretch goal in multiples of the going rate if funding goes above the goal - I wouldn't be surprised if it does due to KS's wide reach. I'm sure we can come up with enough monsters and tokens to cover several sets! I think that's easiest and most secure method for you and the contributors, as you could control the campaign and funds yourself, rather than trusting some random guy on the forum.

Below a list I came up with for 10 common Cthulhu mythos monsters. I think Lesser Servitor Races make more sense than the big bads, as the former are much more common encounters. Anyone reading the thread, any changes you would make?
    - Byakhee
    - Dimensional Shambler
    - Elder Thing
    - Yithian
    - Deep One
    - Shoggoth
    - Nightgaunt
    - Hunting Horror
    - Ghast
    - Mi-Go

I think all of these are in the public domain, but don't quote me on that.

If this gets traction, perhaps we can commission more monsters later
    Last edited by Magnimost; May 16th, 2020 at 12:04.

Right now turnaround time is about a month.

A kickstarter would require effort that would take away from token time. I'd have to write something up, make graphics, check it daily, add stretch goals. It's not a bad idea if I had the time to deal with those aspects, it's just not something I have time for right now.

I can drop the price down to $5 per token if that helps you get more people on board to order 1 or 2 tokens as part of the CoC group.

Devin, you rock! Thank you for sending me the tokens you had that you thought might work for COC. Magnimost, I am willing to kick in some $$$ as well. I think your list looks good, Thoughts on a Hound of Tindalos token?

I am happy to throw some money that way - is someone taking on organizing this?

Thread Information