DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Core rule set mod needed for players?

Do players need the core rule set for Starfinder to play? What if the GM has the pro version of FG?

The core ruleset is built into FG - everyone has it; even demo users have it.

When players join your game they will download from you any rulesets that they need to play in the game that you are running.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, because I tried to make a character and there were no races, classes, skill, nothing listed. I have all the modules installed. When I try to add the Core Ruleset it says I have to buy it.

[Moved to the Starfinder sub-form]

As Zacchaeus mentions, you don't need to purchase the "ruleset" anymore as this is included with all FG licenses. The ruleset is just a graphical and code based framework without any data. You can play, but you need to enter all the data manually.

However, the Core Rules product contains all the data and graphics from the Core Rules book. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ZOSMWPZO7101FG

Without the Core Rules you can still play Startfinder, you'll just have to manually enter/edit your PCs to make sure they're showing the correct data, abilities, spells, etc.. In my opinion it's pretty much essential that the GM has the module so that they can share with the players and you get all the data ready to go - have a look at the screenshots on the product page for examples. Without this product you get a ruleset ready to play, but not data - you have to enter that data manually.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 21st, 2019 at 23:37. Reason: Clarified the GM wanting the core rules
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe is correct, but as a note, if you are just going to be a player iits not really required to buy any thing.
    You just have to connect to you GM and he would have all the books required.. When you connect it will load the books he shares to you. You then open them from your Library module Activation window.
    You then have all the stuff to make your character.

These links disconnect when you do so you cant do anything offline only when connected.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Ok, now I just have to find someone with the Data. That I can join, just tried one and it wouldn't connect. I used his alias and it just wouldn't connect.

Quote Originally Posted by chronoknight420 View Post
    ... just tried one and it wouldn't connect. I used his alias and it just wouldn't connect.
    Did they have their campaign loaded in FG waiting for you to join?

Could other players join at the same time that you couldn't?

Have you joined any GMs games yet?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have played and run a few games on fg. I just couldn't connect to his. He said he was in game. There was no other players. As you can see by my posts there are 0 people interested.

Thread Information