FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How to create a hyperlink in FG

I took at look at this thread: https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forum...into-ta-module
    And it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for. I want to create weblinks to my online home brew wiki for this campaign so that players can reference the encyclopedia that's already there instead of me having to rewrite the whole thing. I tried putting the URL in a chat frame as describe and it outputs the to the chat a (LINK) but you can't use it. Clicking it does nothing.

Is there any way to create an external hyperlink so that a person can just click the URL tag and it'll open their browser and go to the page?

EDIT: I should point out that I know nothing about XML editing so when they talk about going to some...patchnote xml file I don't follow what they're getting at. I just want to be able to create a functioning link inside FG.
    Last edited by Pentazer; October 20th, 2019 at 17:13.

Yep, sorry, as mentioned in that thread you're going to have to go and edit some XML. Like I said here: https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post362508
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This works for me. I know it's not a hyperlink but it does do 'something'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    You can also look to use the community DOE: OLE Extension

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have to say I second Entrails on this one, DOE is a HUGE time saver once it's set up. The key is to spend the time setting up the core world and then templating the campaign. I have one set up for each of the three worlds I run games in (Norrath, Gamma World, and the Shadow Lands), the base campaign files are zipped and saved in 3 locations, when I start a new campaign, I decompress the world campaign files, make any changes I want based on the particular campaign and then start the live game using the 'world' campaign file.

This also means I can zip up the campaign and re-visit it later on, it also means I can have 2 campaigns running in the same world, literally at the same 'time'. I've done it once with a 'good' group and an 'evil' group without the DOE, there's no way I could have managed the notes from two completely independent groups working against one another nearly as efficiently.

Although Mirloc was talking mainly about other Extensions in the DOE Suite of Extensions (thanks for the plug, Mirloc), Lord E is correct (thanks as well), the DOE:OLE was designed specifically to enable "Hyperlinks" to any URL (actually, any URI, to be technically correct).

Its exactly what you need.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Not sure if this has been solved in another thread but if you’re still looking to add hyperlinks into your fantasy ground content you can do it this way.
    1. Type or paste the link into a window 1.png

2. Change the paragraph type to ‘chat’ 2.png

3. Click the speech bubble to send it to the chat window 3.png

4. Drag the dragon symbol from the chat window back to your text window 4.png

5. Clean it up and whala! 5.png

Nice work around!
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks, that's really helpful.

I made recordings of all my NPC's voices and put them in a Google drive folder. Then I made links as you describe above in each of the NPC's character sheets. It works great for reminding me how each NPC sounds. Thanks!

Thread Information