FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    That's an awesome idea @Krezscent. I'm gonna steal that!

�� That chat bubble link idea works great! Just had to say thanks!

This works perfectly for https links, but for some reason I cannot get it to work with file links as so many people have mentioned they can do online. Has something changed in Fantasy Grounds Unity that prevents using file links? When I click the chat bubble with https links it creates the link in the chat window but when I click the chat bubble with a file link it simply echoes the contents to the chat window instead of converting it to a link as shown in the attached image. Anyone else having this problem?

Capture.PNG

I don't think this has ever worked to link files. It only works for web links.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I don't think this has ever worked to link files. It only works for web links.
    Thank you for the reply. Google returns lots of links (mostly older) claiming you can use file:// URLs to link to local documents in Fantasy Grounds but I have been unable to get it to work in Unity. Guess the old adage is true, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

In case anyone could suggest a different approach. I am trying to find a way to link to PDFs I own that have additional content for adventures I have purchased. For example, in Tomb of Annihilation i would like to update story entry 02.41 Shilku to link to the Secrets of Shilku PDF by Eventyr Games that I purchased from DMSguild.

One approach I find I CAN use is to upload the documents to Dropbox. I can then create a link in Dropbox that can be used in Fantasy Grounds. Not ideal but at least it is a way to add reminders of additional content I have available at appropriate places in the story entries.

Blog Entries
    There used to be an extension that would allow any type or URI as a link, but it's was obsoleted some time ago and is no longer available.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This works for me. I know it's not a hyperlink but it does do 'something'.
    Putting the URL in a chat format and dragging it to the chat box makes the link(s) usable. Thank you!

Thread Information