DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Barbarian Zealot Divine Fury Effect

Hello FG Forum Folk - I'm trying to create an effect (similar to Sneak Attack) for the Barbarian Zealot's Divine Fury but getting in an awful pickle!

Has anyone else had any luck? This is how far I've got but I'm missing something - can someone check my homework?

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 13.17.48.png

Try DMG:1d6,[HLVL];DMGTYPE: radiant
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; March 13th, 2018 at 20:15. Reason: Spelling of radiant since Nylanfs pointed it out :)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Marvellous, thanks Zacchaeus as always - I'd forgotten to set the targeting to 'self' as well which wasn't helping!

It all works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    isn't it radiant?
    Yes, I misspelled it ok?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for posting this. One thing though, I have tested it a few times and it seems that the damage from Divine Fury doesn't calculate as radiant. can the engine not support a separate damage type?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigreid View Post
    Thanks for posting this. One thing though, I have tested it a few times and it seems that the damage from Divine Fury doesn't calculate as radiant. can the engine not support a separate damage type?
    Hi sigreid, welcome to FG. The answer is yes FG will recognise radiant as a damage type. See the attached graphic you'll see that the beastie resisted the radiant damage, so FG definitely recognised it.

If you aren't seeing this perhaps you've not done something quite right. Check that your effect is exactly as noted above (including spelling radiant correctly )
    Attached Images Attached Images

I thought I had it right, but clearly don't. When I do the damage with the great axe it only has the damage type slashing, but it does roll the extra die and add half level. If you can see what I'm missing I'd really appreciate it! I'm really new to trying to set things up in FG.

divinefury.PNG

Edit: Looking at your image I notice that the math works out to resistance having been applied to both types of damage even on yours. Was that expected?
    Last edited by Sigreid; March 17th, 2018 at 18:38.

DMGTYPE changes the damage to that type; so no matter what other type you do all the damage is treated as radiant in this case. Hence all of the damage would get resisted if the beastie has such resistance. (I gave the Mind Flayer resistance to radiant damage just to make it clear that the radiant bit was working in the graphic that I posted).

I don't see anything wrong with your effect. If it isn't working then I'm not sure why; especially if the extra d6 and half level are being implemented. If you could provide a screenshot of your CT and the chat line that might help me to pin point the issue.

Here's the CT and Chat Window. I selected the Wraith since it has resistance to normal damage and vulnerability to Radiant.

Chat.PNG
    CT.PNG

Thread Information