DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 42 First ... 789101119 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

Brilliant mod, I have a question though.

From GM side
    Ranged attack at 5' brings up firing at melee range, without rolling disadvantage. (is that not implemented)
    And Out of Range Still does a dice Roll that may say it hits after advising that it misses. (Is that as intended because players dont see the result of roll)

Player side not affected by extension

That should be causing a disadvantage for both NPCs and PCs, I'll have a look when I get the chance.
    The extension does not cancel the actual roll, it only adds a disadvantage if applicable to that roll, along with a message detailing the attack.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; April 5th, 2020 at 17:45.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Hi Styrmir, also noticed tonight that the range only uses default diagonal distance, IE in the case im looking at, standard is 115 feet, variant is 155 feet, Raw is 138.7 feet for same position.

attack says the distance was 115 feet. Is there any chance of using the distance set by the diagonal distance chosen. (I didnt realise there was such a difference).

I will try again for the player vs host issue above only loading raw rule set and your extension in case something is interfering.

UPDATED
    Actually just retested the range issue, the out of bounds actually seems ok, but impact of being 5feet away has no impact.

Interestingly raw range on host side says 138.7 and player side says 137.4 (obviously different formulas used for host and player for that one DOH)
    Last edited by Naroe; April 6th, 2020 at 10:49. Reason: Updated

There is no way to switch to variant range rules. Standard range is calculated from actual range, to fit with the range arrow displayed for targeted targets.
    Don't expect I'll add variant rules as it's a very different way of calculating the ranges. Nor is it something I use.

The current version does not consider modifiers for melee ranged attacks.
    This has however now been added and will be part of the next version whenever I release that.

The range differences between NPC and PC are likely some minor rounding differences to do with angle and intercept points of hex lines the tokens occupy. Same equations are used for all attackers.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; April 6th, 2020 at 13:35.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Ok on the distance issue was just wondering. Cool for next update and melee range being at disadvantage as well.

Accurate range is actually the raw range value, standard is a simplified version of range and not very accurate on diagonals.
    Standard Diagonal setting

range standard.JPG

Raw (accurate diagonal setting)
    range raw.JPG

As you can see a 41 Foot error using standard on 100 foot range at 45 degrees verses accurate.

I'll have a look at a modified WH40K Flamer extension i did along with Map Unit extension settings so I could use Wooden Ships and Iron Men on a hex based map and change hexes to 100m, as well as draw out the field of fire for a broadside. So long ago I looked at that though. Would like to get it working for unity though. It used a lot of the raw x,y distance data in the calcs though didnt then apply that to dice rolls. Was more of a series of set pointers for my combat. (Wooden ships and Iron men a great board game i use for my Pyrats campaign just wanted to try it in FGC)

Thanks you to
    Shotgun Jolly, Trenloe & Dulux-Oz for WH40k Flamer extension
    Celestian for MUSE
    and your self Styrmir for your great work for 5E Enhancer.

Flamer pointer.JPG

I just have to ask.

Are you saying that 5,10,5,10 diagonal movement is Raw(rules as written) in dnd 5E while using a grid? or do you mean that this would be the Pythagorean way of calculating it?
    Because I rather have the simplified version than either of those just for ease of use.

RAW when using a map grid you count the squares, using the shortest route, as if the character was moving there. (5-10-5 for diagonals is an optional variant). That sounds like it would be a pain in the butt to program though, and no clue how you would account for height variation.

I think in this case having the game do it for you using Pythagoras *is* the simple option.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/ba...PLAYINGONAGRID

Edit: Actually, I suppose going diagonally up a "square" would be treated the same way, so if you're stood in one corner of a 25' by 25' cube, *all* the other corners are 20' away as far as your ranged attacks are concerned.
    Last edited by The High Druid; April 9th, 2020 at 00:48.

Hi Seliathas,

no Not RAW but raw. raw x,y are the actual delta x and delta y that the program can use in a Pythagorean way. And being an engineer i prefer the underlying calculation for the distance to be accurate (you know to the fifth decimal place kidding of course) and then rounded and presented for you to see nearest 5'. so 100' delta x, 100' delta y, is not 100' distance its 141 and should calculate that , i mean it is a computer controlling it so why not have it calculate it properly and then rounded so it would say its 140' when presented to the player.

Otherwise 100x100 your getting a free 40 feet out of it. A lot of old (I mean really old - showing my age) computer games did this. players could move x, y but the monster moved diagonal as well. Monster always caught up if you changed direction, always hated that.

Hi Styrmir,

Was doing a mock fight tonight prior to a first session with players, I noticed that the NPCs are not pulling up second range category

NPC long range.PNG

The ranges work fine for same weapon and PC.

I've also worked out how to get raw data to work for the range, thats in a modified version of your extension, which I wasnt using when i got this NPC error.

FYI

Also the Prepared spell button for spells is off frame, i had to change record_power.xml and increase height from 290 to 330 for it to appear.

<windowclass name="power_groupdetail">
    <margins control="30,0,0,0" />
    <frame>charsheethelper</frame>
    <placement>
    <size width="430" height="330" /> This height was 290.
    </placement>
    Last edited by Naroe; April 10th, 2020 at 13:49. Reason: Added to

Thread Information