DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 42 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

Mac user here. I love this extension to the point where my group and I moved to FGU simply so we could keep some functionality from it during the time between the last FGC update and the last update to the FGC version of the extension.

I just have a little issue that I'd love an optional fix for:
    Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 4.28.40 AM.png
    Control-clicking targets things. Alt-, or in my case option-clicking removes tokens from the map (and their LoS data with them). With these two buttons being directly next to one another on Apple keyboards, it's waaay too easy to accidentally kill a token. Is there any way you could add an option to disable this or else make it require an additional modifier key, like shift?

Hi Styrmir, love your work. Will you be adding the flanking option from the classic version into the Unity version of your extension?

Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying the extension.

Overall I'm trying to keep the code and options as simple as possible, avoid convolation from every user case or exception. The extension is already a rather complicated one and with many options.
    This is to make it more maintainable for updates, both in the extension and from SmiteWorks, and keep the code cleaner, better defined and seperated than in the previous iteration for FGC.
    I primarily write it for how I use it in my games and have then shared it for the community. Many of the options I wrote into the 5e Combat Enhancer, were never used and would even cause confusion for the players at times.

@redmondstache
    Probably won't do that, due to the above, but I won't say never.

@amcog
    I doubt it amcog. The solution I wrote for FGC was a partial solution, that only worked for between medium and smaller sized targets, within 5' height difference. Not taking into account larger targets, attackers, reaches beyond 10' etc. It was also dependent on perfect placements of tokens inside hexes, something which players tend to be forgetful of. To write a complete solution would take a lot of time, which I don't have currently, even so it would still be dependent on token placements.
    My experience was that while it was handy at times, more often than not it would confuse players and even myself at times *laughs* when it activated. At other times a manual counter modifier would need to be added due to situations that FG can't detect, narrational circumstances. In which case it would get in the way.
    Due to all of the above I've found it easier to simply ask for the flanking bonus if it is relevant.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Not to add any more work on you Stymir (And this issue dosnt effect me) maybe to address redmondstache's problem could a verify window open asking if you are sure you want to delete the token. I don't know how difficult this is compared to the disable option he asked for.

@Levryl
    Unfortunately that would defeat the purpose of the keyboard and mouse shortcuts, to speed the process of removing any number of tokens. Instead of having to click through menus and selections each time.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

No worries Stymir. Appreciate all you work and effort!

@Redmostache
    I've added a menu configuration option, to switch between Alt+L-Click / Alt+Ctrl+L-Click or Alt+Shift+L-Click / Alt+Ctrl+Shift+L-Click. For deleting token, deleting token and CT entry.

@amcog
    I've added flanking back into the extension from my own private license code. With the option to turn it off. That way anyone who wants to use it, will have the option of Off/+1/+2/+5/Advantage.

I'm working on some other things that I want to add to the extension, such as pinging the map, and some more testing with FGU text widgets so I can add back the height widget in Unity.
    The changes above will be included in the next version I push out.

Thank you so much Stymir!

You're welcome.

A little late, but I second the thanks!

Thread Information