STAR TREK 2d20
Page 35 of 42 First ... 253334353637 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

/dsave in chat channel will delete success graphic. Copy /dsave command into a hotkey shortcut at the bottom of the screen.

It’s in the instructions.

Also. Try using matjams death indicators. Works without clashes imho

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    /dsave in chat channel will delete success graphic. Copy /dsave command into a hotkey shortcut at the bottom of the screen.

It’s in the instructions.
    I know it is. My point here was that the option to have it turned off doesn't work. Assuming the option for 'saving throw graphics' relates to that.

Has anyone attempted something similar for the PFRPG ruleset? I know PF 2E is now out, so I figure 1st edition pathfinder exentsions/modules/etc are probably going to go stale from here on out, but I would LOVE to have this or similar functionality in my 1st edition Pathfinder campaign running on Unity.
    I've cloned the repo and had a look, but this would be my first wade into anything beyond a simple module with some images in it. Looks like a fair bit of ramp up as I don't know lua (tho a developer by trade so it wouldn't be horrible) or ANY of the framework/APIs around coding against fantasy grounds.
    Thus far I just changed the ruleset of this from 5E to PFRPG but I haven't even tried loading it up yet and fully expect it to crash and burn in glorious ways when I do, after briefly looking over the code here, as I understand the various rulesets have differing names for windows and obviously will have different stats, etc.
    But as I've been running the same Pathfinder 1st edition campaign for literal real life years and expect to continue to do so (we just don't meet that often), I get jealous after every time I run a 5E session with this extension installed.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Has anyone attempted something similar for the PFRPG ruleset? I know PF 2E is now out, so I figure 1st edition pathfinder exentsions/modules/etc are probably going to go stale from here on out, but I would LOVE to have this or similar functionality in my 1st edition Pathfinder campaign running on Unity.
    I've cloned the repo and had a look, but this would be my first wade into anything beyond a simple module with some images in it. Looks like a fair bit of ramp up as I don't know lua (tho a developer by trade so it wouldn't be horrible) or ANY of the framework/APIs around coding against fantasy grounds.
    Thus far I just changed the ruleset of this from 5E to PFRPG but I haven't even tried loading it up yet and fully expect it to crash and burn in glorious ways when I do, after briefly looking over the code here, as I understand the various rulesets have differing names for windows and obviously will have different stats, etc.
    But as I've been running the same Pathfinder 1st edition campaign for literal real life years and expect to continue to do so (we just don't meet that often), I get jealous after every time I run a 5E session with this extension installed.
    Just look here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ity-Extensions There are a looot of extensions, and despite your fear that they get less, they actually got more in the last months

There are some extensions similar to the features provided here

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Just look here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ity-Extensions There are a looot of extensions, and despite your fear that they get less, they actually got more in the last months

There are some extensions similar to the features provided here
    You're my hero! I dunno how I missed that Full Overlay package of yours! Cheers!

FYI https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E...ed_attacks.lua is breaking DM Tools Spell tokens.
    I did not see a way to create an issue in github (disabled?).
    Last edited by Naurthoron; January 11th, 2021 at 08:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Naurthoron View Post
    FYI https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E...ed_attacks.lua is breaking DM Tools Spell tokens.
    I did not see a way to create an issue in github (disabled?).
    Might as well post here, I'm following the thread.

Got any error details? (In the console logs).

What does that extension do?

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    Might as well post here, I'm following the thread.

Got any error details? (In the console logs).

What does that extension do?
    DM Tools extension provides an option to associate a token in the Add Action radial menu on a spell, this option does not appear anymore with the 5E enhancer extension activated.
    The only console warning I have is "Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft", not sure it is related to this issue though as it appears when opening the character sheet.

I narrowed it down by try and error with the sub-extensions to the 5E Enhancer - Flanking and Range extension.
    As it was related to spells I suspected the ranged_attacks.lua to be the better conflict candidate and only updated the sub-extension with flanking.lua modified, and there I could see again the option to associate a token to a spell.
    I was too quick and forgot to validate the issue by adding the modified ranged_attacks.lua. Because after double-checking, it works as well...

After further troubleshooting, trying back with full extension packaged in one file from your fork and also when using Berwind's fork with flanking lua modification, the problem appears.
    Again same issue when going back to Full package with the original extension version 0.10.2 and also with the github version 0.11.0
    So this issue is actually happening when using the full packaged extension and not just when only modifying the modified ranged_attacks.lua and the flanking.lua in the sub-extensions.

The mess with non-consolidated forks does not help :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Naurthoron View Post
    DM Tools extension provides an option to associate a token in the Add Action radial menu on a spell, this option does not appear anymore with the 5E enhancer extension activated.
    The only console warning I have is "Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft", not sure it is related to this issue though as it appears when opening the character sheet.

I narrowed it down by try and error with the sub-extensions to the 5E Enhancer - Flanking and Range extension.
    As it was related to spells I suspected the ranged_attacks.lua to be the better conflict candidate and only updated the sub-extension with flanking.lua modified, and there I could see again the option to associate a token to a spell.
    I was too quick and forgot to validate the issue by adding the modified ranged_attacks.lua. Because after double-checking, it works as well...

After further troubleshooting, trying back with full extension packaged in one file from your fork and also when using Berwind's fork with flanking lua modification, the problem appears.
    Again same issue when going back to Full package with the original extension version 0.10.2 and also with the github version 0.11.0
    So this issue is actually happening when using the full packaged extension and not just when only modifying the modified ranged_attacks.lua and the flanking.lua in the sub-extensions.

The mess with non-consolidated forks does not help :-)
    Agreed. Not much I can do about it. If I had the time available, I think I'd write a new extension from scratch for the features I want.

The extension system is a great idea, but it needs more work to make it better - more resilient and easier to debug.

Thread Information