5E Character Create Playlist
Page 32 of 42 First ... 223031323334 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

It's as per the first post, although Berwind and I have made our own changes which can be applied as mentioned previously. Neither of us have the right to publish a new version with the changes, so you need to do the work yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Berwind View Post
    For the last several days I have been working on making flanking work for Large size tokens as an actor, target, and ally.
    I can say with 90% confidence that I have successfully gotten flanking with large creatures to work.

I am fairly new to programming in general, let alone LUA. so I don't doubt there's quite a bit of redundancy. I have also done my best to test all positions and available token types with medium and large sizes. (Medium on large on medium, large on large on large, ect..)

If anyone is up for trying it, you can place it in your FG-5E-Enhancer.ext(opened with winrar or something similar) or related flanking extension ext in the \scripts\flanking folder
    https://mega.nz/file/mi5SWSjY#-vYV0k...KVLhl8yMdY79Ig

Please note, this is a modified version of the flanking.lua written by Strymir who owns the content.
    Hi, thanks for the dedication. Unfortunately, I've place that file in the flanking sub-extension using winRAR. And when I've tried it, nothing new seems to have happened:
    For medium on large on medium (side to side or corner to corner) screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png;
    Neither for large on medium on large screenshot0008.png;
    Nor for Large on Large on medium screenshot0009.png.

But know that Large on Large on Large works (side to side and conrner to corner) works quite fine! (:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Eriwan View Post
    Hi, thanks for the dedication. Unfortunately, I've place that file in the flanking sub-extension using winRAR. And when I've tried it, nothing new seems to have happened:
    For medium on large on medium (side to side or corner to corner) screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png;
    Neither for large on medium on large screenshot0008.png;
    Nor for Large on Large on medium screenshot0009.png.

But know that Large on Large on Large works (side to side and conrner to corner) works quite fine! (:
    I double checked my uploaded script and it still works just fine for me in both FG-5E-Enhancer.ext and 5E Enhancer - Flanking and Range.ext files.

Does medum on medium on medium work for you?
    If not: When you place tokens on the map; try (re-)placing them via the combat tracker, even for PCs.
    Sometimes tokens that had been previously placed will cease to function with the combat tracker and need to be replaced.
    Tokens without a CT entry will not function with the script.

I have been trying to recreate your issue without any success.
    Large on medium on Large test

Unrelated Note:
    I've taken some time to figure out github and posted my own Fork with the flanking file https://github.com/Berwind24/FG-5E-E...ripts/flanking, as well as a pull request https://github.com/Berwind24/FG-5E-E...ripts/flanking

Weird, the trouble was never with the CT or even the tokens, but with the map it-self. I do have to say that I kept on bringing back the token onto the map from the 5e Sample Campaign (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...001#post548001), but since that FGU's folder is empty I've ported that campaign straight from FGC, which is probably why Med on Med on Med and Lar on Lar on Lar work, but not cross-sized.

Therewith, the flanking does works! (: Nevertheless, after some trials, it stops working for some tokens, but not all. I'll have to check later, to identify what was the combination that made it bug.

Weird, the trouble was never with the CT or even the tokens, but with the map it-self. I do have to say that I kept on bringing back the token onto the map from the 5e Sample Campaign (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...001#post548001), but since that FGU's folder is empty I've ported that campaign straight from FGC, which is probably why Med on Med on Med and Lar on Lar on Lar work, but not cross-sized.

Therewith, the flanking does works! (: Nevertheless, after some trials, it stops working for some tokens, but not all. I'll have to check later, to identify what was the combination that made it bug.
    I didn't read your full conversation, but I saw that you mentioned WinRar: Do not use WinRar for zipping extensions, it is known that this can cause issues

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I didn't read your full conversation, but I saw that you mentioned WinRar: Do not use WinRar for zipping extensions, it is known that this can cause issues
    I've always opened with WinRar, I never actually unpacked and repacked- I was just able to drop the file in without repacking; so I've never experienced any issues.
    I'll keep that in mind if I post/edit more.

Is WinRar the issue, or do you just need to be sure to save it as a .zip?

I almost always create new campaigns to test new extensions, so I could see that being an issue. Though everything should supposedly work if ported from Classic to Unity so that may be fixed with the full release of Unity.
    I sent you a PM to see if I might be able to help you out.
    Last edited by Berwind; November 7th, 2020 at 01:36. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by Berwind View Post
    I've always opened with WinRar, I never actually unpacked and repacked- I was just able to drop the file in without repacking; so I've never experienced any issues.
    I'll keep that in mind if I post/edit more.

Is WinRar the issue, or do you just need to be sure to save it as a .zip?

I almost always create new campaigns to test new extensions, so I could see that being an issue. Though everything should supposedly work if ported from Classic to Unity so that may be fixed with the full release of Unity.
    Yeah, in that case it is more about to not save it as .rar, I think But one never knows

About compatibility: FGU does not claim that extensions will still work (actually, the opposite, especially when it is about image and token stuff), I needed to do a lot of updating for my extensions to make them compatible with FGU

I've actually just managed to recreate the issue using the Sample Campaign tutorial Eriwan linked.

• As I was modifying the script for large tokens, I've found out that Fantasy Grounds Unity considers the "center" of the token to be in the top left corner of the token; Which is used as a reference point in the script.
    • After testing with the imported Sample Campaign, I've found that Fantasy Grounds Classic considers the "center" to be in the center of the token. As a result, the campaign remembers this when importing a game from Classic to Unity and the script will not function properly. (even new tokens dragged in from updated modules will take this property)

I could create a bandaid fix for Classic to Unity imports, but I would rather just reccomend creating a game in Unity for the script to function if you intend to use Unity to avoid further complication.
    Last edited by Berwind; November 7th, 2020 at 01:48. Reason: insert quote

Is anyone else seeing issues with automatic ranged modifier? I’ve had to turn it off in my game. The specific issue was around throwing daggers.

Hello,

I have version 10.2 of the FGU Enhancer. It had been working great, but recently (maybe in the last 2 weeks?), I noticed that NPCs ranged attacks are not calculating range distances correctly and causing the attacks to role with disadvantage. Is this something that has been reported before? Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!

Thread Information