Starfinder Playlist
Page 13 of 42 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

Hey Styrmir,

I'm missing the save result indication from the combat enhancer... is that on your roadmap as well?
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Not sure if this has been reported already but the auto disadvantage for ranged attacks in melee only trigger if the target you are attacking is in melee with you. If you attack someone who is not in melee it does not apply the disadvantage even though you have a hostile creature within 5ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    @Mazzar
    I've had a bit of look at it and it might leave to big a footprint to be worth doing. We'll see.
    The benefit of seeing the calculation beforehand is that a player can make a better decision as to which attack to roll (or to move closer). It was awesome in the 5e Combat Enhancer.. Hopefully its doable..

@Naroe
    This extension is at its core the way I enjoy playing the game and I choose to share it with the community.
    While I try to minimize it's footprint, I'm not able to make sure that it is compatible with other extensions out there, it would become an endless task. Developing and supporting this extension does and has taken enough time as it is, it is also more complicated than many as it touches on so many different things. Besides it's not like I get a paycheck for what I do with it.
    I did take a look at the extension and it looks like a good one.
    I may consider adding a death save functionality to the extension at some point. But all these things take time, and it very quickly adds up, be it adding new features, checking potential bugs and/or debugging.

@4wire
    I doubt it, one of the things I'm trying to make sure I do, unlike in my other extension. Is to minimize the footprint of it, particularly when it comes to copying large segments of ruleset code into the extension.
    Rather to inject or override functions without the need of including large code segments as much as possible.
    Not doing so makes the code harder to maintain, and updates from SmiteWorks on the rulesets won't come through as the extension would override those files and would need to manually replaced for each update with each code entry copied in and replaced so the extension wouldn't break.

Having had a quick look at it, it appears that adding saves would be one such instance. So not likely, but I'll add it to the wishlist all the same..
    But I concur that it was a nice feature to have it graphically displayed on the tokens.

@avitale34
    Seems that it's not working as it was coded. I'll add it to the list to look at. Thanks for the report.

@Mazzar
    I agree, it would be nice in some cases. May be similar to the situation which I replied to 4wire above with, but not ruling it out entirely.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; April 21st, 2020 at 00:48.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

New version released!

V0.9.1 (April 20th, 2020)
    - Added rescaling of token when Ctrl + Scroll wheel over token. Note: After rescaling drop token on map again to redraw all widgets to scale.
    - Skipping actors in CT that haven't rolled initiative option, did not skip Friendly actors. Fixed.
    - If damage was enough to instantly kill a target no death graphic (skull / cross) would appear. Fixed.
    - If target already dead took damage again, the death graphic (skull / cross) would dissapear. Fixed.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

@Mazzar
    I agree, it would be nice in some cases. May be similar to the situation which I replied to 4wire above with, but not ruling it out entirely.
    @Styrmir your extension is the most useful extension. The 5e Combat Enhancer was fantastic and you are taking the main elements from it for FGU. I appreciate the hard work you are putting into this. I sent a little donation last week to help support your efforts.

@Mazzar
    Thank you for the kind words. Also very nice of you to send a donation to keep me motivated.

My Hero has returned with an update. Thank you so much, was missing scaling a little, keep up the wonderful work!

Ha ha, cheers!

@Mazzar

@Styrmir, related to the targeting displaying the hypotenuse, as a suggestion, would it be easier to just add the calculation (maybe in a different color) rather than overwriting what's there? Maybe that would be good so we can see the radius plus the actual distance based on height. Maybe just adding an additional calculated number rather than overwriting embedded code would work?

Thread Information