STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 42 First ... 91011121321 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

@styrmir, I see the height capability is in there but it does not seem to be affecting the target range.. I set a target at about 25 feet and adjusted the height of the token but it does not recalculate the target range.

Great, love the new height widget and 3d distance calcs. absolutely fantastic. I think the calc for range is working in the chat box though, 15' away, 15' up, range arrow on map say 15' but attack calc in chat says 25'

I have noticed that rotating tokens however in V8 was a continuous rotation depending on what direction scroll wheel was moved. V9 they appear to rotate then suddenly flip so you cant do a full 360 rotation. not a major issue for player token, but if placing an item token on map for flavour, limits positioning options.

Note I have modified my token rotation from 8 to 32 to enable finer control on token placement in another ext, but worked fine with v8

function onInit()

if User.isHost() then
    setTokenOrientationMode(false);

local gridtype = getGridType();

if not gridtype or gridtype == "square" then
    setTokenOrientationCount(32);
    else
    setTokenOrientationCount(24);
    end
    end

--onCursorModeChanged();

--window.updateDisplay();
    end
    Last edited by Naroe; April 14th, 2020 at 19:54. Reason: extra info

Seems like npc's arent getting skulls when dying they just become blank. PCs working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    @styrmir, I see the height capability is in there but it does not seem to be affecting the target range.. I set a target at about 25 feet and adjusted the height of the token but it does not recalculate the target range.
    More Info - For ranged weapons it is calculating correctly. However, when you target the token, the arrow that shows who you are targetting does not update with the calculated number (the hypotenuse)

Also, the Skip Actors that have not rolled initiative is still cycling through the ones with that have not rolled.
    Last edited by Mazzar; April 14th, 2020 at 20:48.

@Mazzar
    The range calculation is done in the background and printed out in the chat, and the roll modified. The range by the drawn range arrow is a different functionality all together implemented by SmiteWorks and the two are not tied.
    So when you add altitude or select different variants of range calculations, the actual range and the range by the drawn arrow will vary.

You need to turn the on skipping for actors that haven't rolled initiative. Not everyone is going to want this functionality so it's a menu switch.
    "Skip CT actors that haven't rolled initiative" => On.
    If turned on and the Actors initiative field is blank they'll be skipped.

@Naroe
    Thanks, enjoy!

I'm able to rotate tokens PCs and NPCs by 360 degrees on my end without them flipping at any point. Is it possible you have any other extensions going that might be conflicting?
    I'll test out decreasing the rotation angle for finer control. Might set up a menu switch for preference, we'll see.

@avitale34
    This works on my end for NPCs and PCs alike, for none, skulls and crosses. Tested all options on multiple targets. Make sure the menu option is turned on. Otherwise please file a bug report so I can recreate the error.

Bug Report

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? (I only support FGU with this extension. If you're using FG classic I'll refer you to the finalized version of my 5E Combat Enhancer extension instead.)

Is your FG software up to date?

Do you have the latest version of the extensions installed? (You can see the most up to date version number in the first post on page 1, the version number is printed in FG on start in the chat.)

Please post the console error printout here:
    (This is the error log window text. It can be opened by typing '/console' in the FG text window if it didn't open by itself. Also if there are no output errors, state that here.)

If you create a new (clean) campaign, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled, does the error still occur?

Can you recreate the error consistently?

What are the precise steps to recreating the error?

Does this always happen?

Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.?
    (The more in depth information on which these are the better.)

Do you have a screenshot you could share?

Any further information that could help to replicate and trace the error?
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    @Mazzar
    The range calculation is done in the background and printed out in the chat, and the roll modified. The range by the drawn range arrow is a different functionality all together implemented by SmiteWorks and the two are not tied.
    So when you add altitude or select different variants of range calculations, the actual range and the range by the drawn arrow will vary.

You need to turn the on skipping for actors that haven't rolled initiative. Not everyone is going to want this functionality so it's a menu switch.
    "Skip CT actors that haven't rolled initiative" => On.
    If turned on and the Actors initiative field is blank they'll be skipped.
    For the targeting, I was comparing it to how the 5e Combat Enhancer worked. It also updated the calculation on the actual target line. This helps a character make a decision as to how high they want to be before they do a ranged attack. Is it possible to updated that calculation as well (like the Combat Enhancer) or does FGU lock out that functionality?

For the Skip Actors that did not roll initiative, I do have the setting turned on but still have the issue. I will try a test campaign and remove other extensions to see if they interfere. But as it is right now, it is not skipping with the setting turned on

Just tested the no of steps, as long as its default its fine, changed from 8 to 16 and it flips on the 8th step.

So its flipping with my finer rotations, turn mine off its fine, turn your of its fine, together flips.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    For the targeting, I was comparing it to how the 5e Combat Enhancer worked. It also updated the calculation on the actual target line. This helps a character make a decision as to how high they want to be before they do a ranged attack. Is it possible to updated that calculation as well (like the Combat Enhancer) or does FGU lock out that functionality?

For the Skip Actors that did not roll initiative, I do have the setting turned on but still have the issue. I will try a test campaign and remove other extensions to see if they interfere. But as it is right now, it is not skipping with the setting turned on
    @Styrmyr - I figured out how to duplicate. Anyone who is marked as Friendly (green in the CT) will not be skipped even if they have not rolled initiative. It will skip anyone who is not Friendly. Can we make it where it will skip anyone who did not roll initiative?

@Naroe
    I'll leave things as they are in that case, thanks for reporting back.

@Mazzar
    Thanks for the added information, I was able to recreate the bug.
    I've made updates to the code and it now skips Friendly actors without initiatives as well, when the menu option is switched on.
    The changes will be included in the next version.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; April 15th, 2020 at 07:17.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Thread Information