5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 20 of 42 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

Styrmir, thanks for the update.

Minor bug report.

Decided to use flanking for first time. Looks Great for Advantage, but if you chose a +1,2,5 modifier and you have an ATK modifier already applied as an effect say like Bane.

The effect Bane -1d4 does not work and hasn't been fixed for years (Smiteworks why so long to fix????), however I found a work around -1d4 is equivalent to 1d4-5.

If I have the effect of Bane in place then a +2 flanking modifier selected. The resultant roll should be D20+1d4-5+2. But the flanking code is overriding it to d20+1d4+2

Lines 278 - 313 apply the flanking mod

but line nAddMod=1; or 2 or 5 overrides the existing modifier with 1,2,5 depending on flanking mode chosen in options. It is doing this for all existing effects mods as far as i can tell

I changed my line to nAddmod=nAddMod +1; or 2 or 5

now I get the expected D20+1d4-5+2 for Bane with a +2 flanking mod.

Nice catch Naroe.

I've made the updates to the extension.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 23rd, 2020 at 18:54.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

New release!

v0.10.1 (25th May, 2020)
    - Slightly decreased height of certain window sizes when set to larger with the window resizer.
    - Automatic flanking modifier if +1, +2, +5 would overwrite any other modifiers in place. Fixed.
    - Added further descriptive to chat output for automatic flanking, to add clarity to modifiers seen in output.
    - If a token had height, when flanking modifiers were enabled, sometimes this would cause an error, stopping the attack. Fixed.
    - Modifying and adding height with shift + mouse wheel scroll, behaved a bit erratically at times. Fixed.
    - Updated the readme file to included information about all the new menu items, macro- and keyboard mouse combination commands.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Hello! The extension do not appear for me in the campaign settings. I can't load it in my campaign.

I tried several versions, bot none of it is showing. What could be happening?

@fabiocm
    Make sure you're actually downloading the .ext file and placing it in your usual extension folder for FGU.
    Will only show up for DnD 5E games in the extension list.

Installing

The extension is available on GitHub here: https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer

1) Open the folder "- Extension Files" https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/...ension%20Files
    Download the latest version of the extension file: "5E-Enhancer v?_?_?.ext"

Contains:
    This is the actual extension, it includes the compressed codebase and a number of graphics.

2) Copy this file to your extension folder (example: Fantasy Grounds\Data\extensions\ [place file here] ).

3) Enable the '5E Enhancer v?_?_?' extension for your campaign in Fantasy Grounds.

I guess I'm installing it correctly.

5E-Enhancer.JPG
    ExtensionsNotShowing.JPG

I tried with different versions, but apparently FGU is not recognizing it.

Don't know what to tell you, works on my end and as far as I know it's working for everyone else.
    Shows up as '5E Enhancer v0.10.1'.

Do you have FGC installed as well? If so maybe you're accidentally put it in the FGC extension folder instead of the FGU one?

I got it to load normally.

But the ranged attack at 5-10 feet away gives 15 feet range and after that, it gives 5 feet more than it should be 15=20, 20=25... etc

Maybe share what it was so it can help other people having similar problems?

ps
    The range is working properly, just tested it.
    An attack in melee range is in D&D considered an attack within 5'. An attack from two squares away etc. is considered 15' due to the same addition of the 5'. You'll see that the target select line will give you the same distance as long as you haven't added altitude to any of the tokens.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 28th, 2020 at 19:08.

Didn't do anything different than in your installing guide to get it there.

Tho in my version the range doesn't work at all. 5 feet range is 15 feet range.

Range.PNG

Thread Information