Starfinder Playlist

D&D5e, AD&D - Are Other Editions In the Works?

I like 5e, and the nostalgia replaying the classic AD&D modules is a blast and it appears both are selling well. Are other editions in the cards? I'd really like to experience again the classic red and blue box sets! I know its possible to do it without an official release - but I prefer the official releases.

Blog Entries
    I suspect SmiteWorks would answer something like 'we don't comment on things that are in work until we are 100% certain when they will be ready for release.'

Given that 1E/2E came from Celestian's impressive work making a community ruleset, I suspect an OD&D version would also have to come from the community. Since no one is publicly working on such a ruleset, I find it unlikely that any is in the works.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I suspect SmiteWorks would answer something like 'we don't comment on things that are in work until we are 100% certain when they will be ready for release.'

Given that 1E/2E came from Celestian's impressive work making a community ruleset, I suspect an OD&D version would also have to come from the community. Since no one is publicly working on such a ruleset, I find it unlikely that any is in the works.
    I could probably be convinced to help out someone work on a ruleset if they would create the content (books/etc). Basic D&D could easily be created by trimming out and tweaking features in the AD&D ruleset. I don't have the time to maintain it and keep it updated but I would be happy to help someone get the project started and spun up if they would commit to keeping it going.

Whether it would be official or not tho is entirely up to SW and WoTC.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I just noticed the Rules Cyclopedia has a nice section on converting back and forth between Basic and AD&D. I can't program - but should be enough for me to get a functional game with the existing tools for now.

Thread Information