FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Game crashing issues

Every time a player or me as the DM clicks on that players character portrait it crashes the game. Anyone have a clues as to why this is happening and if so then how do I fix it?

A bit more info please.

What ruleset?
    What extension are you running?
    What modules do you have enabled?
    What exactly do you mean by "crashes the game"? Please explain exactly what happens.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The Game crashes and it stops running It is a 5e PotA campaign if by extension you mean version it is 3.3.8 the current one.

Blog Entries
    What does "crashes" mean to you? Does FG throw an error window and then close? Does your computer go to a blue screen and then restart. Does your computer turn itself off?

No, 3.3.8 is the version. Do you have any extensions from the community downloaded and installed? What about themes or decal extensions? The easiest way to tell us this is to start your campaign, and once everything loads, take a screen shot of your chat window.

In your Modules > Library, what modules/DLC do you have loaded? Go to that window, select the "All" button in the bottom right, it will show only those modules you ahve loaded. Tell us what those are.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Like I said the game stops and shuts down. I dont have any after party things in the game just what I bought from Smiteworks I have PHB DMG MM UA XGtE SCAG VGtM PotA MToF I don't load all the basic stuff as it is redundant

Quote Originally Posted by Percias View Post
    Like I said the game stops and shuts down. I dont have any after party things in the game just what I bought from Smiteworks I have PHB DMG MM UA XGtE SCAG VGtM PotA MToF I don't load all the basic stuff as it is redundant
    If the game just shuts down (assuming you mean just disappears and doesn't go into "not responding" firs) then it's probably (but not definitely) a memory issue.

Run windows task manager and monitor how much memory FantasyGrounds.exe is using. Report back here how much it was using just before it crashed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I dont know what the problem was but he kept trying to use his own image for his character portrait and that was when the game stopped. He sent me his image and I uploaded it and it hasn't crashed since.

Quote Originally Posted by Percias View Post
    I dont know what the problem was but he kept trying to use his own image for his character portrait and that was when the game stopped. He sent me his image and I uploaded it and it hasn't crashed since.
    What is the image dimensions?

The image that the player is using will be too big. Portraits should be about 100x100 pixels. The image they are using is probably some huge full size thing with many Megabytes and dimensions in the 100's if not thousands. Get the player to shrink down the image in a paint package of some kind and replace the one he is currently using.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What is the image dimensions?
    I have no clue but I made the image acording to FG specs and it hasnt crashed since.

Thread Information