DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Bonus Action Timing

When does timing for a bonus action ability take effect or is allowed to be used such as the FEAT Shield Master. "* If you take the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to try to shove a creature within 5 feet of you with your shield." Does that mean as long as you declare an Attack action you can Use the Bonus Action Feat Shield Bash to Shove a creature first? Knocking them prone are pushing them away(pg. 195 PHB) Opposed Strength athletics rolls, then making your Attack roll with advantage against the now prone target? It just says to take the attack action. I am not sure how many other bonus actions read that way?

Blog Entries
    IMO in that case you can not take the bonus action until after you have taken the attack action. Note is says "If you take" not "if you declare" or "if you intend"

So that attack action must have already occurred for the bonus action to be available.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I agree with LE. In this case the bonus action would follow immediately after the attack action. Bonus actions can take place at any point in your turn but where there are conditions such as in this case the bonus must follow on from the action.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The sage advice pdf has the answer to this question. As with most other conditionals in the game, the trigger completes before the resulting action resolves.

So, attack (possibly including the extra attacks) then shield bash.

SA-Compendium.pdf

Ok Thanks so taking the martial adept and tripping is better for this then.

Thread Information