DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix View Post
    Unfortunately Wine doesn't run on Catalina, at least not the one that came with WineBottler 1.4

Installing wine directly also doesn't work, it complains about "Bad CPU type" which is clearly, bonkers
    What about WineBottler 4.0.1? I'm no longer in my old Mac support career, otherwise I'd grab a unit off the shelf and test myself!
    https://mike.kronenberg.org/64-bit-s...bottler-4-0-1/

I wound up creating an APFS partition naming it "Mojave" , and then downloading Mojave and creating a Mojave boot drive then rebooted and created a dynamic partition which runs a downgraded OS. Then I reinstall FG.

It's not "perfect" but it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sturtus View Post
    What about WineBottler 4.0.1? I'm no longer in my old Mac support career, otherwise I'd grab a unit off the shelf and test myself!
    https://mike.kronenberg.org/64-bit-s...bottler-4-0-1/
    Oops. I meant 4.0.1 not 1.4 (hey, there was a 1 and a 4 in it!). Yeah, that didn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by dubugz View Post
    I wound up creating an APFS partition naming it "Mojave" , and then downloading Mojave and creating a Mojave boot drive then rebooted and created a dynamic partition which runs a downgraded OS. Then I reinstall FG.

It's not "perfect" but it's better than nothing.
    How has this been working out for you? I am at the point where I NEED to update to Catalina to get access to some apps I want!

Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    How has this been working out for you? I am at the point where I NEED to update to Catalina to get access to some apps I want!
    It has worked fine. You can download Mojave’s on a bootable usb and it is pretty easy to create a partition to run it. But you have to reboot into the partition.

And upgrade to Unity version of Fantasy Grounds isn't a solution for you ? I'm using it for real game since a couple of months and have no problem. I'm running Catalina.
    ---
    Fantasy Cartographer
    Instragram : @chris.rpgmapsArtstationYoutubeDeviantArtFacebook

Composer
    Torone's websiteYoutube channel

Photographer
    Et Des Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chris CB View Post
    And upgrade to Unity version of Fantasy Grounds isn't a solution for you ? I'm using it for real game since a couple of months and have no problem. I'm running Catalina.

It wasn’t an option when this first started happening. It was still in beta

It still is in Early Access (i.e. beta) and has not been released yet, so you can still run into issues, bugs, instability, what not. It's been fairly stable for me, but with some problems here and there. Others report repeated issues, others have no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dubugz View Post
    I'm sure if you're a Mac user you know Catalina has dropped but , you need to know that FG decided not to to upgrade classic FG to work on a 64 bit operating system. After upgrading to Catalina, I figured out Fantasy Grounds was no longer working and I reached out to the developers. They apologized but said that my choices would be to create a new partition with an older version of the operating system, run a dual boot with a windows machine or basically wait for and buy their new application FG Unity.

Unfortunately, their Kickstarter for their new platform has ended, so you can only guess what that means.

So... if you want to continue using the application DO NOT UPGRADE or it will cause mini-crashes on your computer and will no longer work.
    I am running on Boot Camp which allowed me to partition the hard drive and running my mac on windows and FGC works fine. I am working on getting Windows 10 upgraded to this machine but I feel your pain. My daughter has a new MAC and it would not work on it so I purchased an affordable windows laptop so she could use FG with our campaign. Good luck with it...!

Thread Information